let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! NF

Big Cliff

Shoot me a text, I'll gladly have a look at it for you! I'm around all this weekend and I could drop by.

Thanks Cliff but I'm stuck working on the weekends I don't have my kids. It's a trade off so I get my kids every other weekend.

Thanks Cliff but I'm stuck working on the weekends I don't have my kids. It's a trade off so I get my kids every other weekend.

Well then let me know what day you are off during the week. If it ties in with one of my days off I can slip over.

Snow shovelling is a job I've always enjoyed and unless we get at least 6" I don't even bother with the snow blower.

I've got 250' of driveway plus I clear a 50' x 10' path at the back of the house, 75' x 10' up the side of the garage plus I clear off a 50' x 12' deck and enjoy nothing more than spending 1/2 the day digging out.

Last night we got about 8" of the heavy stuff though so this time I cheated and fired up the TORO LOL

Lewski the Snowman.jpg

Now we know why you looked like this...

Barrie is going to get quite the dumping if the weatherman is right. Starting later this afternoon, all night and well into tomorrow.

its been rocking parry sound since monday night....I am gonna be the first one to get up there next wednesday.

Ive got some plowing to do lol. Word on environment canada is putting totals close to half a meter by then.

I left my love of playing in the snow, wind and cold at #2 Ore Dock and the material handling system 30 years ago changing Ore Bridge bucket cables 100 feet in the air as well as other Winter Olympic games.

You guys go freeze your plums off and have fun, be my guest.

A friend of mine told me that when he went to work hungover and didn't feel like working he would give the bucket a jerk and snap a cable...there, down till the guys fix it, go sleep in the lunchroom

I decided to leave a few minutes early at around 3:30 to get to the Dentists at 4, a 20 minute ride. As soon as I pulled out of laneway onto Lakeshore I was met by blowing snow and high winds. Erie Ave. was white out conditions. I pulled into the lot at 4:25. 2 school buses had pulled into the Home Hardware lot, smart.

On the way home at 6 it was dead calm, no wind and no snow flying and it was as if every snow machine in the county waiting for the last 2 winters for white stuff were flying along the roads and fields under the bright light of the full Moon. I had to smile thinking about all the snow guys on this site having fun if they were here.

2 week old snow tires on the Altima passed the test. I had the road to myself to try spinning out and braking. My wife said the only tracks on Lakeshore Rd when she pulled in at 12:30 were mine and a few snowmobiles. I could hear a few up to 1AM going down the laneway. Have fun guys.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

She making ice and lotsa snow here! Been hovering around -36 for the past few days and lotsa sleds are out brapping.

Not sure what my buddy is thinking but hes out moose hunting this am. Popped in around 5am for coffee on his way out.

Thats die hard!!!

Wow -36.....Where abouts is that?

I decided to leave a few minutes early at around 3:30 to get to the Dentists at 4, a 20 minute ride. As soon as I pulled out of laneway onto Lakeshore I was met by blowing snow and high winds. Erie Ave. was white out conditions. I pulled into the lot at 4:25. 2 school buses had pulled into the Home Hardware lot, smart.

On the way home at 6 it was dead calm, no wind and no snow flying and it was as if every snow machine in the county waiting for the last 2 winters for white stuff were flying along the roads and fields under the bright light of the full Moon. I had to smile thinking about all the snow guys on this site having fun if they were here.

2 week old snow tires on the Altima passed the test. I had the road to myself to try spinning out and braking. My wife said the only tracks on Lakeshore Rd when she pulled in at 12:30 were mine and a few snowmobiles. I could hear a few up to 1AM going down the laneway. Have fun guys.

Did you end up with the barums?