Fuel additives for 4 stroke 9.9?

Tjames09

The only additive I use is Stabill.

1/ Stabill marine all season long to combat the ethanol in most regular octane gasolines. I know I could use Shell Gold or whatever it is without the ethanol, but there is still a chance of moisture gaining access to the fuel at some point.

2/ Stabill marine storage additive for the winter layup.

When you are talking about a minimal amount of fuel for the year on a 9.9 won't break the bank so use hi octane fuel only. Most if not all hi test fuel does not contain Ethanol. Adding an additive like Stabil or 2 plus 4 will not harm anything. We are talking a few bucks a tank. 2 bucks difference for a 29 litre tank at 10 cents more a litre for the good stuff. A Tim Hortons coffee.

on a 9.9, unless the motor is layed up for extended periods of time (stabil) i wouldn't bother. go fishing then dump the remaining fuel in your portable tank into your vehicle.

even on my 40, i only use stabil for the winter layup to stabilize any fuel in the engine. any unused fuel in the tank after a trip goes into a vehicle.

Edited by Raf

I don't bother with an additive until it's the last run of the season.

I do buy ethanol free premium gas for everything except my daily driving vehicle. I also squirt the first couple liters of premium into my vehicle before filling the tank for toys and tools.

Nothing but Seafoam, end of the season, the tank, the fuel line and fuel lines under the cowl get drained along with either the carbs or FI system. Had a bad experience with Stabil one year, it turned into jello at the bottom of the gerry can, never used it since and I've never had to get any of the engine fuel systems worked on. No ethanol gas is also on my list. There are a handful of stations that still have regular no ethanol available.

Nothing but Seafoam, end of the season, the tank, the fuel line and fuel lines under the cowl get drained along with either the carbs or FI system. Had a bad experience with Stabil one year, it turned into jello at the bottom of the gerry can, never used it since and I've never had to get any of the engine fuel systems worked on. No ethanol gas is also on my list. There are a handful of stations that still have regular no ethanol available.

Which gas stations sell no ethanol? Shell?

Had my boat at the dock. First few days it starts good. Then hard to start. Next trip stabili in gas now start good all the time. What's a new starter cost or being stuck on the lake. I use stabil all the time now.

Funny how we got away from mixing oil in the gas and now we have to use stabil.

Shell's V Power= zero ethanol.

We have to use a phase separator now because gas never had ethanol in the old days, just lead. We always used Sunoco because we pretended our 1.8 litre MGB's were British Ferrari's. A 2000 pound car that went over 100MPH felt like it too. With twin ANSA or Peko exhausts it just sounded like it. A little over 130 HP I think.

I found a list of ethanol free gas in Ont

Shell Pro V

Canadian Tire 91

Costco 91

Ultramar 91

Edited by Old Ironmaker

very simple....USE SEAFOAM....put that sh@t in everything...been using it for 20yrs,in all outboards,4 strokes,and in my sleds......

Ive used it on my lawn mower, I didnt find it did anything. My lawn mower doesnt run the greatest anymore, so I tried to help it out with some seafoam, but I found it made no difference. I even sprayed it in the intake while it was running, got those nice clouds of smoke.

Seafoam is a cleaner, conditioner and a stabilizer; it cannot fix a mechanical or carburetion issue. If there is some form of dirt in a carb's fuel passageway, then a lot of times the seafoam will clean it out. But if an air bleed is plugged with dirt, seafoam won't help you because the treated fuel doesn't go through an air bleed; only in coming air does.

Been a mechanic for close to 40 years now and have never believed in the snake oil fuel and engine treatments; but seafoam does seem to do all it claims it can. I always have at least one case of the stuff on the shelf here at the shop; we go through a lot of it.

Dan.

Simple, use hi test and no additives at all! Drain your tank and lines at the end of the season and put them away in a clean dry place, you'll never have a problem!

As for spraying Sea Foam or anything else into the intake while an engine is running; it might help clean out a bit of carbon but it isn't going to do any good at all as far as solving a carb problem.

Ive got a 2 stroke 15 that i run on reveen

I run nothing but ethanol free shell gas 91 with a bottle of seafoam.

I was totally skeptical about how well seafoam works, but on my old 91 suzuki it literally changed the motor from one that misfired and didnt idle well even after cleaning the carb, to a brand new smoothly running one pull motor.

Im a believer

Edited by AKRISONER

I put seafoam in every tank of gas, for all my 2 stroke machines. Always. Preventative maintenance I call it. I swear by it. No need for stabil, just use seafoam.

The only 4 stroke I have is my riding mower, and I don't do anything, just turn key and go.....same with my vehicle.

S.

There's a distribution point west of Barrie, he has no ethanol regular. I don't use the spray Seafoam, it will only clean the throat and intake. Use the liquid stuff in the red and white can, one can per 16 gallons or about 70 litres for the initial clean up, after that, 1 oz per gal.