2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

So much for the rebuild eh? LOL

Start spending laffs and trade away your drafts and prospects!

:clapping:

I don't understand your logic, you need to put someone on the ice and during a rebuild why on earth would you hand out any long term contracts? Its good also because boyes is a veteran who can and will be leaned on by the youth on the team

Now that Kessel has shed the blue and white disease, he can resurrect his career! 50 goals at least, but I still can't stand the whining fat little ex laff!

Well we agree on the last part of your post. I don't care if he scores 30 goals I'm just glad I don't have to watch him FLOAT night in and night out.

Time for my annual prediction, and if you read my annual predictions over the past several years you will realize this is in no way influenced by the simple fact the Loafs got their backsides handed to them by the Habs last night.

I predict:

Loafs will be totally on fire in November and early December, when it doesn't really matter. In January they will start to slide, by February the excuses will be flying and fingers will be pointing, and by the end of March they will be booking tee times. But as always, they will be absolutely unbeatable for the last two weeks, climbing in the standings just enough to ensure they don't even get a good draft pick, and encouraging Loaf fans to all say wow, did you see them when they started to click? Next year, baby, next year! Plan the parade route!

And that's all I have to say for this thread, See you all in April.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Time for my annual prediction, and if you read my annual predictions over the past several years you will realize this is in no way influenced by the simple fact the Loafs got their backsides handed to them by the Habs last night.

I predict:

Loafs will be totally on fire in November and early December, when it doesn't really matter. In January they will start to slide, by February the excuses will be flying and fingers will be pointing, and by the end of March they will be booking tee times. But as always, they will be absolutely unbeatable for the last two weeks, climbing in the standings just enough to ensure they don't even get a good draft pick, and encouraging Loaf fans to all say wow, did you see them when they started to click? Next year, baby, next year! Plan the parade route!

And that's all I have to say for this thread, See you all in April.

Another one of those who put words in the mouths of fans, I don't think any actual fan would agree with a thing you just said, have you looked at the leafs roster? How on earth would anyone expect them to be "on fire" they have an ok 1st line at best, and the rest of the team are prospects and career 3rd liners lol... Always gotta be one guy I guess

It is going to be unwatchable. 9 out of 10 I get put to sleep.

Yup, I don't expect much to go on until the 2019-2020 season, any sooner would be too optimistic, though a couple guys like. rielly are going to be stars, whether or not its with the leafs long term will remain to be seen

Wow. People have nooooo clue how actual leaf fans are thinking are they?

The over/under most fans are putting out for the leafs is 32 games. I don't think they will hit it. We have almost no scoring and the Defense is still growing and maturing.

This will be a great year for Babcock to see who he wants to keep around in 3-5 years when this team is legit ready.

Believe me boys, this year, no one in Toronto is going to be saying 'Wow! Did you see that?'

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Wow. People have nooooo clue how actual leaf fans are thinking are they?

The over/under most fans are putting out for the leafs is 32 games. I don't think they will hit it. We have almost no scoring and the Defense is still growing and maturing.

This will be a great year for Babcock to see who he wants to keep around in 3-5 years when this team is legit ready.

Believe me boys, this year, no one in Toronto is going to be saying 'Wow! Did you see that?'

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Everyone will say wow did you see that when Uncle Lou signs Stamkos...lol one can wish..As for Matts comment..Honestly Matt Boyes is a 20 goal guy in Florida and is from Toronto.. We paid 700K for a year..Much like Mason Raymond last year he will be dealt at the deadline and get a good first round pick for him, from a buying team looking to go on a run..Its a win win and Shanny has that figured out already..If you ask me and 90% of the hockey world you can see Boyes was a great deal...

This Leaf fan is still hoping they bottom out for a chance at the Matthews kid in June. It will be interesting to see what Babcock can get out of these guys. I hope Reilly doesn't get damaged with a season they are heading into.

I have a neighbour who thinks they will be great and make it to the playoffs, always the optimist and typical Leaf fan.

Well they were not really beating Boyes door down in the off season were they.....But you are the eternal optimist when it comes to the Leafs and the things they do.....and if you think they will get a first round pick for Boyes you are crazier than Musky Matt..... :clapping: :clapping:

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Well they were not really beating Boyes door down in the off season were they.....But you are the eternal optimist when it comes to the Leafs and the things they do.....and if you think they will get a first round pick for Boyes you are crazier than Musky Matt..... :clapping: :clapping:

Why not, thats exactly what they did with Mason Raymond last year..No one was beating down his door either..Boyes is a 20 goal guy and a plus 11 for a team that didnt make the playoffs last year..Id take my chances any time for a 20 goal guy at 700K ..For anyone to say otherwise must be on drugs..Even if he is useless its still only 700K! Leafs have 4 roster spots available and a crap load of cap space..

Well the only thing consistent about Boyes is his inconsistency and he has had 1- 20 goal season since 2008....but hey somebody will have to score on this team so he might get 20 again...having said that it is a low risk move for a team going no where....the main thrust to my message was regarding you suggesting they could trade him at the deadline for a first round pick....sorry but that is just crazy my friend!!!!