2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

Well the only thing consistent about Boyes is his inconsistency and he has had 1- 20 goal season since 2008....but hey somebody will have to score on this team so he might get 20 again...having said that it is a low risk move for a team going no where....the main thrust to my message was regarding you suggesting they could trade him at the deadline for a first round pick....sorry but that is just crazy my friend!!!!

Id love you to explain the difference between Brad Boyes and Mason Ramond? Please do tell then

I will elaborate here..

Boyes last year had 14 goals 24 assists 38 points and a plus 11

Raymond last year had 12 goals 11 assists 23 points and a -23

The nucks bought him at the deadline for a first rounder.. are you saying that Vancouver is stupid? Or are you saying that no buying team at the deadline would never do that again? Shanny and Lou know a little more about hockey then you give them credit for..

Edited by tb4me

What is your fascination with Mason Raymond??? The guy has had 1- 20 goal season in his career....and again there is not a GM in the NHL that would give up his first pick for Boyes....

There is nothing wrong with signing Boyes...the Habs are trying the same thing with Semin and perhaps Fleischman....

What is your fascination with Mason Raymond??? The guy has had 1- 20 goal season in his career....and again there is not a GM in the NHL that would give up his first pick for Boyes....

There is nothing wrong with signing Boyes...the Habs are trying the same thing with Semin and perhaps Fleischman....

This is that part where I have to eat crow now..Raymond walked a free agent..my mistake..I confused him with Santorelli.. My bad and I appoligise...lol

Fact is, all of the free agents that the Leafs signed are deadline commodities. This includes the trade for Grabner. All will be bit pieces to be pawned for picks.

I hope they don't get Matthews. He'll fly to Phoenix after a year. They need a stud Dman to pair with Reilly, the guy from Sarnia gets high praise. Chyuchin i think?

Time for my annual prediction, and if you read my annual predictions over the past several years you will realize this is in no way influenced by the simple fact the Loafs got their backsides handed to them by the Habs last night.

I predict:

Loafs will be totally on fire in November and early December, when it doesn't really matter. In January they will start to slide, by February the excuses will be flying and fingers will be pointing, and by the end of March they will be booking tee times. But as always, they will be absolutely unbeatable for the last two weeks, climbing in the standings just enough to ensure they don't even get a good draft pick, and encouraging Loaf fans to all say wow, did you see them when they started to click? Next year, baby, next year! Plan the parade route!

And that's all I have to say for this thread, See you all in April.

Unfortunately, that's more of a history lesson than a prediction. ;)

I think this has been a good game so far..This Leaf squad sure plays differently then last year..Lots of communication too.Everyone is talking..Haven't seen that on the bench for a couple years. If we could get first shot Bernier to stop it we would be happy!

Coaches challenge..Awesome Call Ref.. Now how is that not a penalty?