2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

Did anyone catch Hitchcock on Leafs lunch today? He says he wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the leafs made the playoffs this year..He also said to expect a speedy rebuild with the group of guys running the show now..Stamkos to leafs..I hear Yzerman may trade him rather then loose him at years end..

Edited by tb4me

Did anyone catch Hitchcock on Leafs lunch today? He says he wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the leafs made the playoffs this year..He also said to expect a speedy rebuild with the group of guys running the show now..Stankos to leafs..I hear Yzerman may trade him rather then loose him at years end..

Who is Stankos....maybe that`s the problem Leafs keep getting the wrong guy.... :rofl2:

Ok guys another season is coming upon us. Let the trash talk begin. Go Leafs Go

Then this shouldn't be called a "HOCKEY thread" but rather a "Leafs thread".

It isn't trash talk when a team lacks a consistent work ethic. As I and others have said, work hard the whole time and play 60 minutes and we'll all enjoy the sport. Something the laffs have lacked for so many years.

The Jays have captured Canada. Why? Well if you look closely they NEVER give up. Jose Bautista typifies what a winner is. He always plays (offence and defence) like the Jays are behind by one rune and that what he does will change the outcome of the match. He leads by example , ALL the time. Can the Laffs say that for the last dozen years? When they all play with heart ALL the time, I'll stop bashing them. It doesn't matter if they win by 10 goal or loose by 10 goal as long as they work 100% of the time. In the mean time I'll cheer for any team the does that.

Now let's have a real hockey thread.

muddler

I'm not expecting much, but what I am expecting is forward progress every year. That's all I really want.

im most excited to watch some very very talented young players build their game. There will be flashes of brilliance for sure, some of nylander's highlights from rookie camp are unbelievable...it will be interesting to see how much of that he can bring into the NHL.

I am waiting to see how long it takes for the buzz in Pittsburgh to fade. He won't go into a corner, won't stand up for teammates, won't stand up for himself unless he can hack at the other guys legs and this morning in the Sun they are saying 40 goals. Ha ha ha.

I am waiting to see how long it takes for the buzz in Pittsburgh to fade. He won't go into a corner, won't stand up for teammates, won't stand up for himself unless he can hack at the other guys legs and this morning in the Sun they are saying 40 goals. Ha ha ha.

Kessel is going to have a banner year with Pitts. You watch.

Kessel is going to have a banner year with Pitts. You watch.

I called it when he was traded bill.

Its gonna be fun to watch!!!!

Also imo Eichel has a better chance at the calder this season than mcdavid.

Cant wait for hockey this year! Of course Im a leafs fan but I follow a few teams as well.

I just have a feeling this is gonna be a great season!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

WOW!!!!

Say what you will about Subban's on ice antics but the dude is a pretty generous, stand up guy off the ice.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/p-k-subban-donates-10m-to-montreal-children-s-hospital-1.3230086

The Montreal Children's Hospital is getting a boost from one of the city's favourite Habs.

It's naming its atrium in honour of P.K. Subban on Wednesday morning, after the star defenceman made what the hospital is calling "the biggest philanthropic commitment by a sports figure in Canadian history."

"Montreal has become my second home," Subban said. "My love for Montreal is why I wanted to make a significant contribution to this city and this province."

The funding will be used in part for a fund called P.K.'s Helping Hands, which will help families struggling financially with a child's illness.

An official announcement was made at the hospital today, but Subban missed the beginning of it as he was stuck in traffic.

He arrived to a standing ovation and shouts of "P.K.! P.K.!" from the large crowd gathered in the atrium for the announcement.

"As I was walking out of the backroom, I noticed the P.K. Subban lettering up there and I got goosebumps," Subban said pointing to his name which now adorns a wall on the atrium.

"It's not too many times I get goosebumps in what I do playing hockey for a very long time in front a lot of people. That's probably the only time I got goosebumps in a long time."

Greg Rokos, chair of the board of directors of the Montreal Children's Hospital foundation, said the donation was like "Christmas in September."

On hand for the announcement this morning were Subban's parents, his sister Natassia, Élise Béliveau, the wife of late Canadiens legend Jean Béliveau, and Michel Lacroix, head announcer of the Montreal Canadiens.

The new Montreal Children's Hospital opened at the Glen site earlier this year.

Look at the division the Pens are in. One of the toughest, physical in the league. I am a Leaf fan so I was happy to hear when he was traded. Now if the front staff can pull in more quality players. Put a defence in front of their goalies. It should be interesting.

But the Leafs need a fighter (s). I do not agree to ban fighting. If they do then they have to make the penalties hurt the players and the team that take the cheap shots. Liberties if you will.

If Toronto had some decent enforcers last year it may have turned out different.

regards

You never know what Babcock can do for the Leafs. Hopefully they bomb it for a season or two and pick up some decent picks to add to what they already have. This will be the toughest season for me at least cause I'm hoping they lose every game.

Thought this was a leaf thread,were starting again?.Sorry lost another one.This was your thread,maybe a leaf thread would work????,just asking ?.

Edited by davey buoy