2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

I think this has been a good game so far..This Leaf squad sure plays differently then last year..Lots of communication too.Everyone is talking..Haven't seen that on the bench for a couple years. If we could get first shot Bernier to stop it we would be happy!

Coaches challenge..Awesome Call Ref.. Now how is that not a penalty?

If it had been caught when it happened it may have been called a penalty, but no penalties will be called after the fact with the coaches challenge.

I think this has been a good game so far..This Leaf squad sure plays differently then last year..Lots of communication too.Everyone is talking..Haven't seen that on the bench for a couple years. If we could get first shot Bernier to stop it we would be happy!

Coaches challenge..Awesome Call Ref.. Now how is that not a penalty?

big thing I noticed last night was as serious and intense as Babcock is, there was a play where two shots were blocked in a row and then the zone got cleared, and a whistle blue for offside, the camera zoomed in on both guys coming off gingerly and as they sat down, you saw babcock run all the way down the bench and congratulate both guys for doing the right thing. He didnt leave it to the players to congratulate them or their respective defensive/offensive coach.

As a hockey player myself, those moments are the type that get you motivated, be it your captain or your coach come down and taking notice of you making the right play.

Good stuff.

Edited by AKRISONER

Yup, good game last night. The Leafs played hard. Good hockey. I'll be watching a lot more leaf games if they play like that.

You bet!!! As long as they continue to play hard and try their best I have no issues with them losing for a while. ;)

But come 2018 and beyond they better start out scoring the opposition.