2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

I know it's all fun,but can someone change the name to leaf thread?,at least we will all have one thing in common.The bantering can be a little much all the time.Hey,here's a idea,for example,start a Canadians thread or Ottawa for that matter.?????????????????

I created last years thread and named it the leafs thread.. However the MODS deemed it unfit name and renamed it..So ya lets just pretend its a Leafs thread here...lol

I created last years thread and named it the leafs thread.. However the MODS deemed it unfit name and renamed it..So ya lets just pretend its a Leafs thread here...lol

I hear ya,but I'm a bit excited for the overpriced players lol.Not all I know,I can take it,be more fun I thought if the fans would have there own.I'm tough ,I can live with it lolol.

Sorry if I upset a few of you guys with my title. Can't believe your crying over the name. Same name as last year just a different date. Anyways any of you guys going to any games this year. I'm heading to a London Knights game or two in a few months, but other then that cant really afford anything else.

WOW!!!!

Say what you will about Subban's on ice antics but the dude is a pretty generous, stand up guy off the ice.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/p-k-subban-donates-10m-to-montreal-children-s-hospital-1.3230086

Reminds me of the Big E's contribution.

http://www.lhsc.on.ca/About_Us/LHSC/News_Events/Eric_Lindros.htm

Good on them!

The leafs sure did give up a few prospects for this so hopefully none of them turn into decent players. The big news today was the Kane interview. Interested to see how this plays out and if it gets settled. Could be a big pay cheque for the girl and Kane can go and win another cup or two.

I heard today that it has to go before a grand jury (23 people) and they decide if its going to go to court or not. If its goes to court he can settle so nothing happens. Basically he pays he to be quiet about the whole thing and charges are dropped. Its messed up I know.

Funny,but not really,how arguably the best player in the league and being young,HOW,do they get into this stuff with all this money.I just don't get it ???

Folks if he buys her out, that has to be an admission of guilt in the leagues eyes...Then the question is does the NHL allow him to get away with that? Do they want that talked about every game for the next year and a half...I dont think he will be allowed to play a regular season game at all..I honestly think Chicago is forcing the league to deal with it. Take for example Nascar and Kurt Busch, Chevrolet and Nascar both suspended him indefinitely until his name was cleared..He was found innocent and missed 4 races this year including the Daytona 500..This was for a supposed assault..She claimed he grabbed her by the neck..This is potential rape here..Buy out is not an option for him..He has to clear his name..But thats just my opinion...lol

Just my opinion...

If he sexually assualted a girl his status and money shouldnt matter;jail time

If this girl is lying, she is in contempt of court and guilty of extortion;jail time

Couldn't agree more..What sickens me the most is someone is full of it..Either way the fact that money could make something like this go away is just wrong..No matter what "they" should get to the bottom of it..

its amazing what happens when you give a bunch of boys a pile of money and fame...they feel like the rule the world.

Id argue Hockey is one of the worst sports for behaviour of its athletes. Considering that unlike football and basketball where a large majority of players grew up in really rough environments, most hockey players have suburban parents carting them around in luxury SUV's to games their whole childhood.

They then get taken away from school and home at 16 to go play hockey for the rest of their lives...you end up with a bunch of 25 year olds with 16 year old sensibilities and way too much money running around.

I have stories about teams and players from my best friend that are just ridiculous. (he worked at a bar that visiting teams in Ottawa always frequented)

its amazing what happens when you give a bunch of boys a pile of money and fame...they feel like the rule the world.

Are you for real??????????? My god.

There are those out there that will try anything to get some easy cash in their hands. Did he or didnt he?

Todays sports world, is so screwed up with this crap.

Are you for real??????????? My god.

There are those out there that will try anything to get some easy cash in their hands. Did he or didnt he?

Todays sports world, is so screwed up with this crap.

Agreed. Its easy to have contempt for them because of what they have and appearances, but they work extremely hard for what they do and have devoted a hell of a lot more time and effort and made sacrifices to be able to do what they love for work, and when people get the chance to draw blood, some will.

As far as hockey players being the worst, very doubtful.