Lake with Best Scenic Shorelines

alexw

Hey Guys,

We are having the in-laws visiting from abroad, and I would like to take them out boating and show off our beautify Ontario lakes. In your opinion, which one of the lakes around Toronto has the best scenic shorelines? I want to avoid the big lakes as my boat is only 17.5 ft, and preferably within 2hr distance from Richmond Hill. If the lake has good fishing, it is definitely a plus!

Thanks in advance!

I'm a little different I guess. I can't stand lakes that are lined with cottages, and I really don't like most of the people who own these fancy mansions on the lakes. To each their own.

I'd head up towards haliburton/bancroft area myself, but that's just me.

S.

Parry Sound 30,000 islands cruise is a good one...

Honey Harbour has a public boat launch right in town..easy launch, lots of parking available...Im lucky enough to have a place on GB, theres plenty of protected area and its not very far at all.

A little bit further, the pointe au baril area is gorgeous, free public boat launch, and some unbelievable boating

I would take them on the Muskoka boat cruise and then pick good fishing lakes for good fishing.

Yes to this or the Midland tour. Enjoy the day and have a lunch on board.

Not sure I would want to be cruising around on waters I didnt know on my own boat

I have boated all over the 30,000 islands. Around Parry Sound is beautiful but I think north of honey harbour has a lot of similar scenery once you get away from the main boating routes which can be crazy with big boat traffic that can rock you around in a small boat.

If you are looking for a cool area you could try the moon river and Massassauga Park area. Then a cool experience is lunch at Henry's on Sans Souci island. Not sure where to launch but I think there is a ramp at Moose Deer marina on twelve mile bay which is a bit south of San Souci.

But for ease of access I would say honey harbour. The south end area is like Muskoka and once you get north of beausoleil island the shoreline starts to get more classic Georgian Bay rock and pines.

Either way you need charts and better yet a gps chart plotter. Lots of rocks to hit and the channels are not always clear.

Edited by Canuck

to me the real question is, do you want to cottage shop from a boat and look at lot's of places or want to look at trees, rock, cliff walls? (and I don't mean Big Cliff's walls of his home either there ;) )

What ever lake you go to, best be checking for some maps of the lake too for your safety

Honey Harbour has a public boat launch right in town..easy launch, lots of parking available...Im lucky enough to have a place on GB, theres plenty of protected area and its not very far at all.

That ramp has been closed for a long time.