Fresh Live Lobster

Big Cliff

OK, I have been working stupid long hours lately and I have decided thet I am going to enjoy myself.

Where is the best place to order fresh live lobsters about 1.5 lbs and delivered to my door would be an asset cause I am too busy to go get them. Found one place on the internet, $11.99/lb plus $70.00 freight for 10 of them.

Are there better deals? Might be willing to order 20+ if the deal was good enough.

The Metro store in Peterborough had them at $5.99 each last week. (from PEI) I have no idea what they're going for this week.

Thanks Roy! Those are canners (typically 1/2 to 3/4 lb). I am looking for something a little bigger, 1 1/2 to 2 lbs.. The larger sizes are usually more expensive but worth it!

I've been disappointed with live bought lobsters.

Most of the time they have claws that are half full of water when opened.

I think it is when lobsters are stored in pounds and basically live off their flesh.

I'd pay extra to have fresh caught lobsters sent from the Maritimes.

Not sure how to ensure fresh caught.

I've been disappointed with live bought lobsters.

Most of the time they have claws that are half full of water when opened.

I think it is when lobsters are stored in pounds and basically live off their flesh.

I'd pay extra to have fresh caught lobsters sent from the Maritimes.

Not sure how to ensure fresh caught.

This^

Find a place on the east coast and have them sent here. The lobster you get out of the tanks suck IMO.

S.

Don't know the company that does it, but there is one in Moncton airport that my girlfriends uncle used when he came over a couple summers ago, they pack the freshly caught lobster and it gets sent out from there ill see if I can find a site

Morning Cliff

In my opinion the best way to go is order from Clearwater In Bedford Nova Scotia may cost a little more but you will get the primes you want and not these digusting tank lobsters in the store around here.

Cheers

Peter

http://www.clearwater.ca/en/home/seafood-retail/lobster/live-lobster.aspx#Packaging_

you want the selects they are hands down best taste and bang for the buck

Edited by BITEME.Esq

I see someone putting a lobster recipe on the cooking thread, how about it Spincast, Spiel, MTB 2, Big Cliff etc LOL

I just did some lobster about a week or week and a half ago. Its in the cooking thread.

Nothing fancy, just boiled over a campfire, tossed in butter garlic and parsley.

I like my lobster simple

Edited by manitoubass2

As far as I know they close the lobster season in the Maritimes for 2 months while they are moulting. The timing varies with the region.

I know every time we travelled to PEI in July their season was closed.

During these times you can still get fresh lobster but they've been stored in pounds and are losing flesh.

Thanks for all the replies! I've tried the "tank" lobster and it's like comparing round steak to rib eye. Ok but if I am going to spend the money I'd rather spend a little extra and really enjoy it! Two years ago when Sue and I did our East coast trip we really got to taste the differance between fresh & FRESH! I'd rather pay twice the price and have the good stuff because I only do it once a year!