How did you first musky experience go down?

So how did it all go down guys? Did she follow up to the boat and just tease you? Or did she grab your bait ending in a sweet picture? If I caught every one that followed my numbers would be much higher that's for sure. My first experience went down on Upper Buckhorn when I was about 15 years old. It was probably my 10th cast of the day fishing in about 8 feet of water when a 20lb 40" plus followed right up the boat. She swam away and never looked back unfortunately. If you wonder if I did the figure 8 after. Hell no lol

well lets see. as my dad took us boys out I caught a 36 incher on the steel rod pflueger reell blak Dacron line. I reelled it in. he gaffed it then thumped it with a hammer .we ate it . nailed the head to the shed wall. I was 5 years old. weve come a long way from the 1950,s eh.

First time musky fishing about 6-7 years ago I caught 5 fish in 45 minutes, all on a bucktail, some on consecutive casts, the biggest 44 inches. I was flying high and I couldn't understand why people said they were so challenging to catch. Well I've never had another day like that since, with a number of trips with not a single fish. It's been humbling, but hopefully I've paid my dues and I can get more consistent results in the years to come.

Fishing the rapids for bass. Felt a good bite and set the hook.

Called pike right away(since rainy river has very few musky)

Lame fight and up she comes. About 25" of glory hahaha.

Im all rigged for LOTW this year however. Cant wait to catch a decent one

When I was 6 years old caught a 33 inch Muskie trolling a red worm harness and a dew worm !!! My mother helped me reel it in !!!!! I I remeber it well I thought I was snagged and then it went crazy I only had about 20 feet of line out ...... Lol. So yes my addiction started 42yrs ago this July

My Dad took me and my brother into Fishog Lake for bass. We would give this farmer $5 and he would let us drive in. I was probably 10. The live frog I was using never hit the water, a hammer handle muskie grabbed it out of the air. Pretty cool.

My first ski was in a small lake near haliburton, i wasnt aware they were in there and was bass fishing at a friends cottage. I was throwing a number 3 vibrax and saw a swirl right as i hit the water near a rock point, I burned it in and threw again and she smashed it. Turned out to be a beautiful 37" ski!

Panfishing! end of April early May was backing out of a lil bay casted to a stick poking outa the water...thought i snagged the stick until Musky started to move. It was amazing the line didn't break! The tape in my boat only goes to 36" and the fish was longer. My kids were younger and scared. Amazing what a dew worm will catch!

Sitting in a canoe tied up to a dock at Dry Pine Bay (French River) catching sunfish and perch early one morning when I was about 6 or 7 (I was the only one out there).. I see this giant shadow coming towards the canoe, grabs my worm and just keeps on swimming, didn't speed up, didn't slow down, just spooled whatever line I had on there. I couldn't even lift up the rod because it swam under the dock, lol! It was massive, I don't even want to guess.

My first to the boat was caught on Gloucestor Pool while fishing topwaters for bass just before sundown a few years ago. Not very big, maybe mid 30's but it was quite the commotion when it nailed that Zara Spook Jr.

We were closing up my parents cottage, I couldn't have been older then 7-8. It was an overcast very windy day and my dad would always say 'this is Muskie weather'.

We were drifting across a weedbed, I was using my lucky Crayfish Coloured Big-O. I remember fighting it for about 2 to 3 minutes and it jumped. My mom stuck the net out and nabbed it out of mid air. I was excited I caught a Muskie but I wanted to fight it more. I'd say it was 30-32 inches.

First time out in scugog, was trolling for whatever would tug my line and I ended up with a 30 something incher and it scared the crap out of my girlfriend lol she didn't want it in the boat or for me to even get near it haha

Was throwing a supershadrap (perch flavor) at a shoreline (Wolsely bay). Lure fouled and I was yanking it across surface hoping it would untangle. Noticed a massive log just under the surface where my lure was making commotion. Took me a bit to realize the log was moving. Lure never untangled, log swam right under the boat below my feet. No I did not figure 8... but I did contemplate never fishing for musky again. Fish scared the daylights out of me, having never seen one I never pictured it would be that huge.

my first time ever fishing the kawarthas I was throwing a half o spinner for bass and caught a hammer handle, my friends in the boat were losing it because they somehow never catch musky and I come out on my first day and get one.

First experience with a big one, was dead sticking for eyes in the late fall, when randomly in the middle of the channel I dark log float up to the surface, it glides along, until i realize holy crap thats a fish, I swap lures as fast as i can to no avail the fish doesnt even care, it just continues swimming along and then dives back down to the depths. The fish was definitely over 50.

Heard about musky from a friend of mine and found someone to take me out on the Ottawa a few years ago. I had never used a bait caster before and could only cast about 20 feet but on one cast a 40" took the bucktail, she was a beaut. About half an hour later while trolling I lost a monster, turned back around and picked her up, a 47" gal. Needless to say I now have over $2000 worth of lures on my wall!