Bought in 2014 and planning on getting in 2015!

Headhunter

Well, many of us have an affliction that can only be described as GAS! Gear Acquisition Syndrome! We buy stuff and sell stuff, seeking the holy grail of what ever the heck it is we are gassing for.

So I thought, with the year coming to an end soon, we could talk about what we bought in 2014 and what we are "wanting" in 2015.

In all honesty, I didn't buy much this year, a simple 6.5ft jigging rod and a new low budget spinning reel; that's it!

Probably not getting much else this coming year as my fishing time has been drastically reduced having recently become a "hockey dad".

So, what did you get and what's on the radar for 2015?

HH

I bought/was given:

Shimano Metanium XG

Shimano Chronarch 150 CI4+

Shimano Curado I 6.2:1

Dobyns 735C (used)

Dobyns DX743C

Megabass XX Jerkbait Special

What I am looking to acquire over the winter is:

Dobyns DX744 or Megabass XX EMTF

Dobyns Champion 764CBRM

2 reels. More than likely will be JDM but I haven't decided on Daiwa or Shimano. Whatever they are, they will be for the two rods I buy.

I also have a slew of tackle I want to grab, but I am afraid the list is too long.

I bought a 14 ft boat, trailer and 4hp motor which I was supposed to split with a buddy (still waiting on his half so technically its mine right now)

A full setup for my girlfriend so she doesn't use my gear (5ft Ugly stick lite, Abu Cardinal reel, full tacklebox)

A new Captians chair for my Kayak with 360 degree piviot

Ice fishing MH ugly stick

I don't even know what its called but fisherpete sold me a 2 piece beatstick perfect for catching Sheepshead, carp, catfish and hopefully General Sherman. Purchase of the year.

In 2015 I have to replace my 6'9 St.Croix Mojo bass rod and Sahara reel that I accidently kicked into the lake

A reel to go with that MH ugly stick

An aditional captians chair for my kayak

A better driver seat for my boat

An elevated 360 degree fishing chair for the front seat of my boat

Top priority: A hitch for my car so I can actually tow my boat around

......... geez....... looks like an expensive 2015.

Edited by jeremy84

2014 has been a complete rollercoaster for me. I basically flipped my life upside-down. (Sold my car, Sold my house, Quit my job, Divorced my wife, and now I have some medical issues likely due to the ridiculous amount of stress I'm under.....)

But I did buy a kayak last year!! Of coarse I only fished out of it 2 times...

Next year I would really like to pick up a used quad for ice fishing. But that's wishful thinking considering my current situation.

2014 has been a complete rollercoaster for me. I basically flipped my life upside-down. (Sold my car, Sold my house, Quit my job, Divorced my wife, and now I have some medical issues likely due to the ridiculous amount of stress I'm under.....)

Next year I would really like to pick up a used quad for ice fishing. But that's wishful thinking considering my current situation.

howah! sorry dood. thats rough

Oh man hahaha how much time do you have,

Picked up a used 16' lund explorer

new Hds 8

New Ipilot terrova

Curado I

Chronarch CI4

Abu Garcia Nacl

Beckman fin saver musky net

New 9'8" IMX for trout in the boat

Loop Cross S1 switch rod

Have to purchase a fish finder for the bow of the boat yet (maybe santa)

And I'm sure there's still lots I think I "need" yet

Edited by Bondar

I noticed you weren't on here much. I was hoping it was because you were busy in a good way. Sorry to hear about the bad stuff.

70388B39-2F02-4EF4-91FE-ACEA0B81C7D7.jpg this is what I got !! A 2015 Yamaha SR VIPER !!!! Woo hoo

Sweet looking sled! Now you need a new suit and helmet to match :)

I bought a new to me Bravo longtrack (now I have 2) and a beater 14' tinny and trailer.

Next year I'd like a heavy duty Pike spinning outfit

Edited by chris.brock

Bondar you are the man!

U buy and sell a ton of high end stuff it seems.

You must be single:)

Lol not single, actually just bought my first house in March with my GF, she got the hot tub I got the lund it's all about balance and being sneaky hahaha

Bought..in 2014

Reels:

Shimano Conquest 51

Shimano Conquest 101

Shimano Met 101XG

Shimano Stella

Daiwa TD-Z R+

Daiwa TD-Ito

Daiwa Tatula R

Lew's Pro Z

Daiwa Zillion (old model)

Rods:

Steez SVF - 7' ML

Megabass X4 Black Esiel

Ordered or on the hit list for 2015

Reels:

Lew's Team Lite x 2

Shimano Stella FI

Rods:

Megabass XX Launcher

Megabass XX Diablo Spec R

Megabass Evoluzion Mephisto

St. Croix Avid X 6'8" M

NRX 872S

Edited by musky_hunter

O man, it was a bad year for spending this year. In the spring were a couple items I found used and the rest were ordered and new :) Chronarch 100D7 x2,Core 50Mg7, Core 100Mg7,Stella FE 1000 I got the new Shimano Expride 7'1H and Crucial 7'6MH bait casters back in the late winter/spring time.

This fall I picked up the new Calcutta Conquest 100, a Stella FI 3000XG, another Expride this time a 7'3XH and a Orochi XX Jerkbait rod by Megabass. There is more, I just don't have a list made up....Lures, Plastics, Line...that is a hole different story...I'd rather not remember what we bought this year :P

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

I am planning on a second boat just for fishing so I don't have to cram into my little hunting/fishing rig anymore. Once I spend that coin, there will be no more planned purchases for a few years. Other than hooks and bait, I have all the crap I can possibly use!

Edited by porkpie

After 15 years it was time to let a different truck do the towing...

Fall48_zps03fce08e.jpg

... Other than that, picked up a Terrova80, a Daiwa ultralight and Crucial spinning rod to replace some broken sticks. Most purchasing in a year goes to using what I have... using it in far off and fun places, and around home.

Nothing much to buy in 2015 for fishing... plan to spend on Arctic travel and Northern Ontario trips. Some lures and line and a travel rod.