Whats the fish you have always wanted catch?

LostAnotherOne

You head to bed knowing the next morning your heading out fishing and you can't sleep. Your too excited that maybe tomorrow will be that day. It happens to me especially when fishing in waters that could produce a huge musky or pike. That fish where when you first see it and you look in amazement. When you get your hands on it you say to yourself that's a fish that needs to mounted on my wall. Maybe I fantasize to much, but that's just me lol. Anyways I haven't crossed paths with that fish yet. A few weeks ago I caught my biggest musky which was a fat 44" maybe 25lbs, but it's not that fish. I always say that she's out there, but we haven't crossed paths. So guys what's the fish you've always wanted to land and will land someday.

44" Ski is a beauty, any Musky is Sir, congratulations. If you asked me a few years back the last thing I thought of when heading to bed was fishing! Now I don't even bother with trying to get some sleep. Why should I waste time tossing and turning and waking my wife that has to get up early to go to work so I sharpen lures and put a plan together for the Walleye assault on Erie or wherever we are heading? Plenty of time to sleep when your dead.

My bucket list fish next has to be Tarpon. Got my Musky in Nippissing (my first non Tiger Musky) this past October with Dan Columby, thanks again Danny, no sleep that night either. So Tarpon is next.

We go to Charlotte Harbor as often as we can and it is smack dab next to the best Tarpon waters in the world. Sportsmen come as far as Japan and Australia to fish them. I have tried but no luck yet. If it's in the budget and the season is open I want to split a charter soon. Anyone interested? I'll even take a small 50 pounder.

For here I would like to get one of the many Gar Pike I see all spring and early summer spawning along the shore here.

15lb+walleye. been searching hard for over 5 years. have tons of 12 lbers but nothing above.

I dont have much interest in sea fishing but I bet thats the dream of many

Your best chance for that lunker would be here on Erie, but many hours burning fuel have to be put in. Second would be Quinte in winter. I have seen plenty of 12's there but not a 15. The only 15 I have seen was many years back out of Nanticoke.

ive only caught a 20 inch musky. I am just waiting for the day that i cross paths with a big georgian bay resident. Ive seen people luck out and run into one. I am hoping that in my lifetime ill hit the lottery one day and one will latch onto one of my pike lures.

Even a 20lb+ pike would be that fish as well. Caught a few 15+ but never 20+

And as sad as this is, ive been fishing a while but i still havent caught a nickle bass (hopefully smallie). Been close, but its already my goal for next year and im pretty confident I will be able to easily do it.

Edited by AKRISONER

I would like to win a tournament or even a friendly derby one day with a fat 10+ pound eye on a relatively smaller northern body of water. I have caught a walleye that went almost 15lbs on Quinte a while ago now, but I don't think that it the same to puling out a 10lbs monster out of a lake around Timmins. Ah, on second thought any trophy regardless of species is good for me, as long as they get to swim again.

I would never keep a fish to be mounted, just take the photos and measurements to have a replica done if it came to that, I think the replica's look better anyways IMO lol :P

Edited by c10

A Simcoe ling cod. Of all the years I have fished this lake,I have yet to catch one. I hear there are guys out there that catch them, but I want to get one so I can make me a poor mans lobster.

I have caught large lakers,whities,smallies,buckets,perch and a 14 pound walleye out of the mouth of the notty.

I want a Simcoe ling cod.

Aha sounds like my buddy! He was talking about giving up on it because his girlfriend out-fished him this year! ahahahaha

Haha mine outfished me too. That girl can bring up 4+ pound bass like they are sunfish.

For me a big pike 20+ pounds would be a dream.

In the past 2 years I have been wishing for a 20+ pound laker through the ice. I can't even imagine what that would fight like.

Under my buddies dock lives a Sturgeon we have named General Sherman. Far as we can figure he weights 100+ pounds and clearly doesn't give a **** about anything we do to try and catch him. He has broken 30 pound braid like dental floss and only hits when we never expect it. Just to see him once would be amazing.

A 10lb Walleye or even 6lb out of Simcoe.Caught a PB Large Mouth at 6lb plus.Pike in the 10-12lb range,no musky yet,but a 25lb plus Laker would also be nice!!!!!!!!!.Really it's all about the challenge ,we have more fun catching anything.A big fish would just be a bonus.More about the journey than the final catch!!!!!!

Your best chance for that lunker would be here on Erie, but many hours burning fuel have to be put in. Second would be Quinte in winter. I have seen plenty of 12's there but not a 15. The only 15 I have seen was many years back out of Nanticoke.

I had one that woulda been close in the long sault. Lost it boatside right qt the surface. that moment you realize you forgot the net, D'oh!!!! tail splash was still awesome though:) river walleye fight!

id also like to catch a musky over 30" lol

For the past 10 years it has been all about getting a 50" muskie, and finally managed to do it this year with a LOTW 51"... And then a few weeks later a 53.5" from the St. Lawrence. Now the challenge has changed... I want to get a 50" from the Kawarthas where I started, and then focus on St. Clair. I also managed a PB tiger this year at 44", if I ever get a 50"+ tiger that will be a replica for sure. Incredible looking fish.

Other species that I would like to catch are gar pike, ling, tarpon, brook trout and pretty much anything salt water if I ever get the chance.

A laker over 20 would be nice, as well as a 10+ walleye.

Well I'm trying to target that 50" musky so I'm where you were. I would also like to hold the majority of my family records, but my bro is good and he seems to have me beat by one or two inches on every species. My goal for ice fishing the year is to grab a nice size walleye from Quinte. Never fished for them so it's gonna be a challenge.

for a while, the hunt was a tyee. A OFC memberI met on line put me onto one

DSCF11292_zps0cd7749e.jpg

For a couple years, the quest was a 40+ inch Pike, and an OFC member gave me a few pointers on where to look

DSCF2737_zpsda588372.jpg

and then there was the walleye, some info on the action spots again produced some fruits

DSCF2866_zps57c072df.jpg

similar situations with lakers, and rainbows... next - a channel cat.... then, I think, we're taking saltwater..........

if you are looking for a trophy, no better place for some pointers...

Haha mine outfished me too. That girl can bring up 4+ pound bass like they are sunfish.

For me a big pike 20+ pounds would be a dream.

In the past 2 years I have been wishing for a 20+ pound laker through the ice. I can't even imagine what that would fight like.

Under my buddies dock lives a Sturgeon we have named General Sherman. Far as we can figure he weights 100+ pounds and clearly doesn't give a **** about anything we do to try and catch him. He has broken 30 pound braid like dental floss and only hits when we never expect it. Just to see him once would be amazing.

They are sunfish, you should know that :P

Probably a good sized permit or striper on the fly for me right now, or possibly an Atlantic off of one of the river Spey, Dee, or Tweed on a full dress salmon fly.