2 days to go before the "X" goes on your ballot. NF

45 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE CHANGING YOUR VOTE BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD OR SEEN DURING THE CAMPAIGN?

• YES
    • NO

We're all screwed. Absolutely screwed.

To those who actually voted for these criminals - whoever you are - thanks for committing us all to four more years of higher taxes, rising costs, billions in spending on idiotic programs, backroom deals, incompetence, arrogance and outright theft.

To Tim Hudak ... you should have learned from the last time. You know, when it was also your election to lose. And you did.

To those who didn't vote at all - well, your hands are just as bloody. Because not voting isn't rebellion - it's surrender. Thanks for throwing in the towel.

Oy vey ... I'll be drinking early today.

Exactly.

The best thing I've read on this entire thread. You said it Kick.

I am really thinking about moving. We have a rental property in Nova Scotia, with great fishing. Property taxes are less than 1/2 there for the same accessed value. Yes 3 months of nice weather, maybe, that's what Arizona is for. I still can't believe this.

Income tax in Nova Scotia is much, MUCH higher than Ontario.

Edited by cram

Oh stop it. The people of Ontario spoke and spoke Red. Blame who you want we lost. The GTA didn't speak for us all. They hammered the PC's by not the 2% I predicted for the PC's it was a blowout. Take it and accept it. Toronto didn't vote them in, if they did prove it with number not rhetoric.

Lose grasiously, don't whine. Man what a shocker!!!!

X2 .

Not much grace shown here. lol

Most POLITICAL fishing community ever. Should stick to fishing.

A decade ago this site had 75 % fishing reports with pictures. Now......

Given the province's economic situation, I expect that the new/old government will be forced to begin the same type of cuts that the PC's were contemplating. It will be highly entertaining to watch as those who felt the PC's were going to rape the province's services are going to start to squirm very soon!

The election is over. They can and will do what they want with this majority... and they will because we the people have shown them that they can do what ever the h e double hockey sticks they want and they will still get elected.

So the question remains... what do politicians in the province need to do in order to not be re-elected? Obviously wasted funds won't do it. corruption won't do it. Heck, maybe we get lucky and Auntie Kate decides to take up crack! :whistling::jerry::angel:

HH

This is moe entertaining then the funny papers.

The people have spoken, we must live with it.

T...Seems Barrie was really pullin to save your job----Did'nt think you had that much pull---guess I was wrong :whistling:

X2 .

Not much grace shown here. lol

Most POLITICAL fishing community ever. Should stick to fishing.

A decade ago this site had 75 % fishing reports with pictures. Now......

Yes really! Stop showing such care and concern for your futures! The election is over, it's time to graciously admit defeat and follow the first lemming over the edge. There is no place for public opinion in democracy. Silly people. We're Canadians and everyone knows Canadians don't fight back.

This election shows that the seemingly impossible is possible. The leafs winning the cup now is possible.

Well if that was the point of this election, I'm OK with that. Now what year will that be when the Leafs win? Before the next provincial election? :)

Pretty much agree with the latest comments. It just blows my mind how the people voted for such a corrupt party last night. I will accept the out come and by more lube, going to be bent over a lot in the next 4 years I'm afraid. You might be right Joe and well see them start slicing jobs and programs too. Something has to be done to get the budget under control. Higher taxes are looming I'd say.

Well Andrea gambled and lost

She held the balance of power pre-election------to keep the game in line---she could have overseen the decisions---all with the leverage she wielded of support

Now her power is Kaput

Andrea was in a no win situation. Had she continued to prop up the Lieberals, she would have been seen as being their back pocket. She had already been doing that for a number of years. She had no choice as leader of a her party, but to stop what she was doing and try to, or at least give the impression of, standing on her own.

HH

The best thing I've read on this entire thread. You said it Kick.

I am really thinking about moving. We have a rental property in Nova Scotia, with great fishing. Property taxes are less than 1/2 there for the same accessed value. Yes 3 months of nice weather, maybe, that's what Arizona is for. I still can't believe this.

Why do you think I left Ontario and moved to The NWT?

It certainly wasn't for the extra 4 months of snowman making weather!!!! :tease::tease::tease::tease:

Less income tax (much less $25K basic exemption, Northern living allowance and travel deductions), no HST, higher pay and the fishing is OK I guess!!!!! :whistling:

Just a quick note.... Ontario's tax freedom day was June 9th this year... wonder what it will be next year.

Congratulations you have been working for yourself 4 days, everything before that as a percentage of the whole was for the gov't in taxes.....

Oh and Alberta was May 23rd they have been working for themselves for 3 weeks now.

Edited by mosquito

Andrea was in a no win situation. Had she continued to prop up the Lieberals, she would have been seen as being their back pocket. She had already been doing that for a number of years. She had no choice as leader of a her party, but to stop what she was doing and try to, or at least give the impression of, standing on her own.

HH

I agree Horwath was put in a no-win situation over the budget. Wynne tabled such a ridiculous farce of a budget there's absolutely no way anyone with half a brain could support it, and Wynne knew that. Horwath didn't force the election, Wynne did - by tabling a nonsense budget that she knew would be thrown out. I guess we'll know for sure when she brings out her new budget next month. Will it be the same thing all over? Or will this one be tempered to reflect reality? My guess is it will be toned down considerably, because now she has to make it work.

It was a risky move, but I guess the Liberals felt their best chance was to force an election now while the Conservatives were still split over leadership and the trade unions were miffed at the NDP. The timing was definitely in their favour. Still ... it was a manipulative and underhanded move, IMHO.

And yes, I do think political discussion has a (limited) place on a fishing forum. If we can have 256-page threads devoted to hockey, why not discuss things that directly impact our ability to afford to go fishing?? Or that potentially impact MNR's funding?

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

No disrespect here,but dose it really matter who gets in? I seen nothing that did me any good from either of the two top parties. The only inkling of positive with the libs,is that minimum wage will keep climbing. I don't know how anyone in this day and age can live on 11 bucks an hour. That's just insane. My mrs,s is starting over and making this. Long cry from what she was making. Thankfully, we get by comfortably with mine, and she is able to have some extra for herself.

Time now to get the fishing gear ready. Atleast we still have that.

No disrespect here,but dose it really matter who gets in? I seen nothing that did me any good from either of the two top parties. The only inkling of positive with the libs,is that minimum wage will keep climbing. I don't know how anyone in this day and age can live on 11 bucks an hour. That's just insane. My mrs,s is starting over and making this. Long cry from what she was making. Thankfully, we get by comfortably with mine, and she is able to have some extra for herself.

Time now to get the fishing gear ready. Atleast we still have that.

and increasing minimum wage is just another illusion. The wage goes up, the labor force goes down. Sounds good but on paper its ridiculous. Corporations etc just increase wage but cut hours and jobs to balance it out. A truly flawed system. David Blaine would be the best politician ever