2 days to go before the "X" goes on your ballot. NF

45 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU BE CHANGING YOUR VOTE BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD OR SEEN DURING THE CAMPAIGN?

• YES
    • NO

and increasing minimum wage is just another illusion. The wage goes up, the labor force goes down. Sounds good but on paper its ridiculous. Corporations etc just increase wage but cut hours and jobs to balance it out. A truly flawed system. David Blaine would be the best politician ever

To add to that, if the min wage goes up so does the cost of living, the cost of food and fast food included, because of the large min. wage workforce in those industries.

Sure glad I have a trade, now I just have to deal with the 600% increase on my yearly cost of having it.

(Ontario College of Trades) another Wynne redundancy, paying people a starting wage in the area of 40k and giving them a company work vehicle (white jeep liberty) to drive all over hells creation enforcing what was usually enforced by the ministry of labour, all I can say is I truly hope this results in guys like me getting more work than the unlicensed scabs who think they can do it all and get away with it.

Just saw Wynne on TV thanking from the bottom of her heart; all those who chose not to vote and all those who chose to destroy their ballots!

She also wants to specifically thank the gay community for their support. Without that she would have only won a minority. She is now the first female elected premier and the first openly gay premier to ever be elected in Ontario.

It is over, there is nothing we can do about it, instead of crying about it get busy trying to figure out how you and your family are going to survive the next four years and the damage that will follow.

The only thing that might give us some hope is the federal election in 2015

You seem bitter Cliff. I understand,

BUT

Do like I will in the AM.

My 44 hr week is up.

Go fishing.

Does the health well.

I always wondered why my brother Rob always said

WHAT YA GOING TO DO?

I know now.

What ya going to do ???????????????

Thank goodness we have the conservatives in power federally. Just imagine what the prices would be.

Pleease I just ate some grool--can't afford to yack it back up--all I can afford now that the world has ended and the lieberals are back in power

Yes I will mention in my thanks at bedtime that the conservatives are in power federally

THE GOVERNMENT'S NEW SYMBOL IS THAT OF A CONDOM,

Because it more accurately reflects

The government's political stance....

A condom allows for inflation,

Halts production,

Destroys the next generation,

Protects a bunch of dicks,

And gives you a sense of security

While you're actually being screwed !

Damn, it just doesn't get

More accurate than that !

Halts production,

This seems more appropriate for federal government.

On the bright side my gas prices here just went from $133.8 yesterday to $144.9 today at least it going to hurt us fast not like last time when Dalton waited a coupe days before things went crazy.

The first part of my post is sarcasm dont get upset I know the Libs did not do it. Or did they???

Halts production,

BITTER MAYBE AN UNDER STATEMENT.

LOL

Wynne already says she wants to get back to the legislature to push through the budget....

Well here come the Ontario Pension Plan deductions (figure atleast $500 off your pay cheque), 42% increase in electricity, tax increases on aviation fuel, tax increases etc. etc.

.... the song about a little ant comes to mind.... except instead of "there goes another Rubber Tree Plant" it is "there goes another companies' plant"

As for gas prices you can tie that back to the group ISIL taking over large sections of Iraq and beheading people as they go in their plan to create a new Islamic Caliphate..

http://www.janes.com/article/39155/analysis-after-isil-seizes-key-territory-in-offensive-across-northern-iraq-what-happens-next

Edited by mosquito

$500 off your paycheck, do you get paid once every two months? CPP isn't nearly that high, the provincial program will be less than CPP I'm sure.

Sorry I was unclear, among other things I do the payroll and forget most don't have to deal with it.

I meant over the year but that is just if you making about $30,000 per year, it obviously goes up from there and like CPP (max $2,425.50 for 2014) it seems to have a maximum at around $2000 but I haven't found it. So if you are making $40,000 it is $760 and to a max.there goes $2000 a year people can't pay off on the mortgage, credit cards, RRSP, RESP, TFSA....

What you get back will be based on what you put in too so it will probably be annoying what you get back if you are over 40.

The employer also has to provide a matching amount like the CPP so a total of 3.8% and you can be sure the employer won't really pay it, the employee just won't get a raise.

"Workers and employers would each contribute 1.9 per cent of earnings up to $90,000 annually to the pension plan, according to the proposal"

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4578405-small-business-gearing-up-to-fight-ontario-pension-plan-proposal/

Then throw in 42% electricity increases, Standards and Poors is expected to reduce Ontario's credit rating and Ontario moving companies will be busy. Companies moving will be a real bonus for Michigan, Alberta, New York, Manitoba...

In the short term ISIL will have a bigger impact with higher oil prices that will affect shipping costs too and we will see it in our fuel prices, food prices etc..

Edited by mosquito

What everyone must remember is that most of the public service employees produces nothing, the taxes they pay are tax monies already collected from those of us that are actually productive. They offer services that any private sector can offer at a lower rate and we wouldn't be burdened with paying their way the rest of their lives.

100,000 would have been a good start but Toronto took care of that. Don't you worry though cause when we the producers cannot afford to maintain my lifestyle like they can theirs, maybe we'll just go there and take it from them.

The head of OPSEU said there were 60,000 too many middle managers, then went on to talk of a dept. with 3 managers for either 8 or 11 employees, I would have to go back to check if the dept was 11. Reducing 100,000 through attrition over the 8 years would have had no impact on service and assuming a paycheque of $40,000 average and there is $4,000,000,000 without covering seating, benefits etc.

Not to pick on anyone but this is a real example:

A couple of days ago I was headed into work (yes, at 68 I still have to work!) There were 4 hydro trucks parked on the side of the road. One of them flagged me down to ask if I knew how to get a turtle off the road (no, it is true) I got out, picked the turtle up carried it to the side of the road. Meanwhile, there are no less than 8 hudro workers standing around, turns out they had to cut down one tree. My understanding is that these guys start at $38.00/hour X 8.

Now I wonder how many hours I have to work just to pay for them to cut down one tree?

I have seen street lights installed for "friends" that never got a bill for them and never will, but you and I are paying for it.

It doesn't stop there: Walk/don't walk lights installed at intersections on highways where there is no foot traffic? What idiot authorized those and how much are you and I paying for each of them?

Speed signs: 60 ends, 20' further down the road, 80 begins :whistling: ya think?

It takes a smart hard working person to run a successful business; it seems that only an idiot gets to run a country!

It's time Canada became a business and was run like a business. You don't produce, your fired!

Thought I told you to go fishing? :Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

I did,and never gave the election a thought.

I seen deer,wild turkeys. Got me thinking about this falls hunt.

Election is over,hockeys over,time for fishing,nascar and cold beer.

Alls well here in my world. :canadian:

Well except for the pride parade here today,BUT,to each their own.

Edited by Misfish

That would be the Canadian thing to do I guess? Walk away, let it happen, as long as I have beer, and enough to eat I should be happy.

Well, as you can tell, I am far from happy! The fact that I have grandkids and now great grandkids that are going to have to live with the mess that we allow to happen saddens me no end. Now I need to find a way to try to fix some of it so they at least have a chance.

My biggest problem is I just don't know what or how to do anything about it.

That would be the Canadian thing to do I guess? Walk away, let it happen, as long as I have beer, and enough to eat I should be happy.

Well, as you can tell, I am far from happy! The fact that I have grandkids and now great grandkids that are going to have to live with the mess that we allow to happen saddens me no end. Now I need to find a way to try to fix some of it so they at least have a chance.

im far from your age big cliff, but i totally understand and agree with your post. Your obviously a hard worker and a great family man

So what will be your next job Cliff?

Run for election in your hood,then work your way up the ladder to PM to make changes to the way Cliffs world should be? I meant that in no disrespect,but there are many people not happy. Im just one that dosent let it get to him. We got this far havent we?

To late now my friend.

So what will be your next job Cliff?

Run for election in your hood,then work your way up the ladder to PM to make changes to the way Cliffs world should be? I meant that in no disrespect,but there are many people not happy. Im just one that dosent let it get to him. We got this far havent we?

To late now my friend.

pretty submissive if ya ask me. Lots we can do. We own the government, not the other way around.