2014 Fishing New Years Resolutions

atvaholic

Well, after spending time reflecting on the past year, I decided to start coming up with a to-do list. Thought i'd share it here and see what others have set for themselves. May even modify my own list.

1) Spend more time fishing with the people close to me. Fishing buddies. My Kids. The people who need me around as much as I need them around. People who are "good for the soul" as I call it.
2) Get back into those "warmwater" fish. Been so busy with work and family the last few years I forgot how much I miss bass/pike fishing. I may have even forgot how.
3) Find a new "adventure" fishing hole. The kind of place that takes you down some 4WD roads, through a mudhole and down an unmarked trail. The kind of place where "getting there" is half the fun...
Edited by atvaholic

I wanna break my walleye PB. Other then that i want to learn to fish lakers and target them more often. I also wanna head towards some superior tribs and learn to flyfish. Other then that things will stay the same, fishing with my kids and having a blast with my dad as well as friends

2013 was a BUST for me for everything so this year just to get out more. And add (or is it remove?) a few fish to the "I've yet to catch one of those" list. Like a Laker, splake, whitefish and a few others...

Keep Leah fishing, get Summer fishing, take Brenda fishing, share a first time fishing with my brother, introduce my nephew to fishing and take some non-fishing friends fishing.

Build more on the fishing I have done last 5 years since coming home, maybe try and fit a new species or two into the summer season if not working or travelling much.

Leave ungrateful, delusional, freeloading drunks on shore, away from any fishing and out of my life.

Catch PB lakers,

Experience all new fishing trips this year, travelling with family and friends.

Go ProStaff.......???? Naaahhh !!! Pick up extra work or contracts if needing supplies.

Get a new tow vehicle. 15 years on the Chev and she's starting to hurt a little too much.

Keep on fishin' on.

to break my PB smallie of 5lbs !!!!! and to fish more new water as last year i fished 13 different lakes,this year going to try and fish another whole bunch of new water i did a total of just over 2,000km fishing those 13 lakes so yes more bucket list lakes to do this year !!!! tight-lines smallies watch out im comming for you.... you can swim but you cant hide !!!!!

Edited by fishindevil

2013 was a my best year for amount caught, mind you i have never fished as much as i did this past year.

My goals for this year is to

1) Beat all of my PBs for fish that i have already caught.

2) Catch my first Musky

3) Learn to fly fish

4) catch a laker threw the ice

In 2013 the scope was on a Tyee and 40+ inch pike. Got the Tyee, but the pike is still on the radar; so 2014 will be esox hunting - really want to add to my 1 and only muskie;. add in a Dunnville channel cat in the spring for a new specie and we got enough to keep us busy for a few months.

Every year I try and add to the skills and teach myself how to use one more tool in the tacklebox. I've had a couple Torpedo Divers in there for two years now, this is the year we find out how (well) they work.

I just set the gauntlet for my good friend Dynamic_Bear. He turns 30 on December 5 2014 so I presented him with the 30 before 30 challenge.

Easy: Fish 30 different lakes. (can use lakes he has fished before 2014)

Medium: This year catch 30 fish, either sport fish of any size or non-sport over 12 inches.

Hard: Catch 30 different species of fish. Angling only. (Can use species he has caught before 2014)

More 50s... I've been ignoring you in 2013 and for that I'm sorry... Lol

More walleye casting, drifting and jigging instead of trolling....

Expand on smallie stuff I learnt last year... Drop shot is soooooo fun... Lol

Tighten up daily fishing areas... Currently I cover up to 20 miles of river some days... I'd like to learn smaller areas better close to my various launches to both reduce gas costs and slow down and try different colors... Lures... And techniques to get my fish....