French River Update and fish of lifetime

sneak_e_pete

Hi all...just back from the French River, Wolseley Bay. Fishing was great. Only 1 walleye all week despite lots of trying, but the bass and pike were definitely on. Nothing massive, but lots of them.

On my second night there, I got this beauty.

Disclaimer: I am not a musky fisherman...in fact this is the first I have gotten. I don't target them...and yes this was a total fluke catch! I tried my best to handle her properly and she swam away beautifully.

I was trolling a weed bed with a #3 Mepps Aglia (thanks Big Cliff for the tip :clapping: ). She hit like a freight train. After about 10 minutes I got her to the boat. I had drifted to shore and got out in a couple feet of water to handle her. A couple quick pics and a tape measure and back she went. She measured 56" :worthy: .....any guesses on weight?

IMG_0985_zpsec048607.jpg

IMG_0990_zps53347283.jpg

Thanks. I had it in my original post...but must have deleted it....but I have to give a shout out too.

There I was with this monster on my line....not knowing what to do...no camera, etc. I flagged down a passing boat. It was a couple of young guys who admitted that they were scared I was OPP busting them for not wearing their life jackets.

They took the photos of the fish for me. I gave them my email and they promised to send the pics. I was so frazzled, I didn't even get their names. They could of done nothing, but they followed through and helped me remember this moment. If they happen to read this...thank you!

Well, I did say don't worry about the size of the bait (among other things) LOL. Now I feel bad because you are probably going to have to fish a life time to match that catch. Congratulations!

Now, without spilling the beans, did you catch it and most of the pike doing what I suggested?

What a catch! my co worker is up there right now, he was telling me he was going to shoot for musky I laughed and told him he better pick up a new rod and reel because he has 8lb test and an ugly stik and that's it haha. seeing all these wolsley bay reports ill have to make it up there best year for a trip looks like a great place.

nice job!