NF-- FINALLY, IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!

Broker

Saw the Toronto Marlies play yesterday. The players are not as skilled as the NHL players, but I enjoyed it and am planning on going again. Spent $160 for a family 4 pack which included tickets, parking, and 4-$8 food vouchers. I love the leafs, but paying $150 a seat in the nosebleed section doesnt work for me. Dispite the NHL owners and players being babies im still going to watch them any chance I get.

Not gonna watch a single game or buy a piece or merchandise and they can all go to

H, E double hockey sticks...

Maybe someday I'll be "re-interested" but for now I'll support my Juniors.

Those over paid cry baby's got a lot of sucking up to do IMO.

What happens with all those players who are playing in Russia and the other leagues? Do they just leave and come back to the NHL?

The teams/leagues knew what the deal was. The players were on a week to week basis. Since most are under contract in the nhl they where only able to be under contract elsewhere because they where locked out. Now that the lockout is over, their contracts are in place again.

Bernie,that was PRICELESS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watch,dont watch,what ever. I strongly believe the American goverment had alot to do with getting this solved. IMO

Lost jobs(many jobs) to all that work the arenas. Something Obama was not happy with.

Bettman didnt look like his ole cocky self. I think he got a beat down.

Leafs just got knock out of the playoff,s.LOL

Edited by Misfish

Last NHL game I ever saw, either on TV or at the Gardens, was the Leaf's 1967 Stanley Cup win. And I may be the only guy in Canada who never saw Wayne Gretzky play hockey.

Edited by lew

Running the NHL like a business is fine. But to rake the fans over the coals again and again isn't right.

They don't give two hoots about the fans. The Leaf organization is a great example.

The building is always sold out. They sell team sweaters and trinkets.

But they don't ever try to build a winning team. Money is first, not the fans.

I refuse to buy into this huge scam. It doesn't cost anything to watch on TV, but that is now over as well for me.

If the players ever decide that the fans are why they are there are worth playing for with more verve and the owners develop a better team, I'll maybe take a peek again. Until then, piss off!

Myself, I couldn't care less.. I missed Leaf hockey and I'm excited to see it back..For all other leaf fans , keep in mind last season, at the 48 game mark. We were 6th seed in the east. 2nd in our conference. If we can get Bobby Lou we have a good shot at a good Playoff run. We shall see. With the 2 buyouts allowed I see Lombardi and Connolly getting bought out and perhaps Komi, Kadri and a future consideration for Bobby Lou. Paul Ranger will be signed to a 2 way contract I hope. This Fraiser kid looks real good fit for a guy to go to the front of the net. Needless to say i’m very excited!!!

Edited by tb4me

Lots of opportunities for the leafs to improve . There will be a number of good players that get bought out... think of the broke teams that are willing to dump a half a season of losses. They will shed there big names and go for lottery balls. Hopefully the leafs can pickup some good players. Number 1 center and a vet goalie.