Ready for the Hard Water!! Any predictions on when we get on the ice???

Waterfowlr

Hey Guys and Girls

Anybody else ready for some Ice fishing?? I gotta say, I am so ready for it. This time of year is great for the hunting..but I do really enjoy some ice fishing.

Just talking with a buddy...we were throwing out dates we thought we might have ice. We are near Simcoe...but always like to get around different areas!

My prediction this year is that we will be able to get out on some of the smaller bodies on Dec. 23rd. Simcoe I say Dec 29th in Cooks!

Gotta love first ice!!

Anyone else got a guess!

Last year, Christmas Day was our first venture onto the ice on Buckhorn, walking of course. Musta been about 2 weeks after that we were driving on Chemong.

It doesn't take long once we get a stretch of cold weather.

it felt like summer this afternoon, I read in the paper today, Scandanavia is warm and without snow, they are complaining about no snow for skiing

I remember one year in the late 80's, it was this weekend (last in Nov) and we were snowmobiling on 8 inches of clear ice and a foot of powder snow on a smaller lake (Haliburton County), weather is variable but I think we are feeling some of the affects of global warming

I predict ice in about 3 minutes and 27 seconds. Just long enough to finish typing this and get to the fridge with a nice shot of rye. Oh wait, you were talking about ice to walk on! Sorry! I guess this doesn't count! :whistling:

Ha ha ha, were on the same page.LMAO Cliff.

I guess my folks lake will be dec 19 for it to have a GOOD layer of ice. not just a frost. but if the wind keeps going the way it is then the 24th. I'll be there on new years eve and with luck, perching while I'm there...

Last day Muskie fishing last year was Dec 15th. First day Ice fishing last year was Dec 16th. The scary part??? They were both on Rice Lake!

Sounds like my last ice fishing Ron. I have been walking on the ice on Simcoe on a Saturday and on another part of the lake the next day in my boat.

A perfect spring weekend is Simcoe ice in the am...eastern trib rainbows in the afternoon...and then out in the boat on Simcoe the following day :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: