Woo Hoo..I won!

bigfish1965

One of my pet project web sites won a Golden Web Award as one of the top sites on the internet for March/April '07. From the award presentation certificate....

The Gold Award represents Web Presence at its best. To achieve this award is truly an honor. The winning site has scored between 90 and 100 points, which was not an easy task. A Gold award winning site is error free from broken links and error messages of any kind. Correct use of Meta tags and ALT tags have been used, which most search engines have picked up on "keywords" used in the "Meta Tags". This site uses advanced features, scripts and coding. Graphic Design is of the highest quality and original works of art, created by the site designer. The Gold Award site represents at least 95 percent of original content and creativity and provides outstanding design and layout of website. Its content is something that will interest any and all visitors, who visit their site.

My business site has been shut out two years in a row, but this one won first try. Clearly I am doing something very wrong and very right at the same time.

The award is for design and not traffic, obviously, since the site has a very narrow potential readership.

Rick well done! I won one a few years ago (Back before CSS was the mainstay) and I remember the joy I felt as well to be recognized, which is difficult amongst 1,000,000,000,000,000? other websites out there... it was for a dss site I ran.. I was pleased with the award as well... and there is noone as deserving as you to receive one. Do you still get to display the Golden Cup on your site?

keep me in the loop! it has been a few years!

Gerritt.

Very nice Rick!

My project will be no where near that level. Hence I'll stick to swinging my hammer and other tools.

Congratulations, geesh, you would have thought you would at least give us the web site to look at! Well done brother!