first post from paradise :)

lew

Hiya guys, haven't been around lately while we've been getting settled in our new home in the country. We moved in over the weekend and things have been pretty hectic for the last few days as anyone who has moved knows all too well.

Hard to explain how fantastic it feels to finally be living in the country after a lifetime in the city. Were about 15 miles north of Peterboro and a mile down at the end of a dirt road and maybe 100 yards from Clear Lake. The only sounds I hear are the trees rustling in the wind.

Here's the view from the front veranda with the sun rising over Clear Lake this morning

IMG_0496.jpg

And every morning & evening the neighbors wander into the backyard for a chat. This is from the back deck this morning. Right at the back of my property is a mile of bush with a trail leading right past my place that the critters use as a pathway.

Just as I'm typing this right now and looking out the window, 3 deer walked down the road, up the driveway and into the yard

Were gonna luv living here and it's a huge change in our life style.

IMG_0498-1-1.jpg

Anyways, I just stopped by to say hey and test my new Rogers Rocket Hub. This thing is just as fast as Hi-Speed which is great as I was afraid I'd be stuck on dial-up.

I don't think I'll be around too much as I'm gonna be enjoying the great outdoors for everything it's worth.

Have a good evening everyone :)

Looking forward to more pictures from out of your windows Lew. Perhaps we can all pitch in and get you to install a web cam! Seeing those deer in your back yard gave me that idea, what a piece of Heaven you got there!

Cheers, Ron...

BANG!!!!

Ooops, did I just say that?? I hear their tails make some nice musky baits. Lifetime supply there.

I know you won't do that, but do enjoy your new place Lew.

BTW, how far is it to any musky bait store????

Lew, wait until you have a few dozen Hummingbirds buzz around you this summer :) My oldman who wasn't much of a bird person, is now the savior of the hummingbirds around my parents place, lol. Has the feeders topped up with sugar water, oranges out for the Orioles, feed out in the winter for the turkeys :)

To funny...

Not to worry Lew...You are not losing your hearing...

All that non-noise you hear at night is the sound of silence...rarely will you hear any sirens from ambulances or fire engines up this way...takes a bit of getting used to... :lol:

Just be careful driving during a snowstorm...we don't have lights and curbs on the roads to guide you like in the city... :whistling:

Edited by Beans