An Apology

Gerritt

Ok time for me to "man-up" here... I have been knob-end for the past few months, alot of personal stuff happening that I wont bore you with and which I think has gotten the better of me. I have been critical of things I really should'nt have been critical about and I am sure I have been a thorn in the side of more then a couple people here.

Cabin fever has definatly set in..

I will do my best to think before I post and if I feel a little hot under the collar I plan on taking a stroll outside or something instead of venting on a Internet Fishing Forum.

Over the years I have made a great number of friends through OFC and we have been though some rough times over the years, I think back to the out-pouring of help I was on the recieving end of a couple years ago and you fine folks deserve alot more, then me acting like a idiot.

So.....

I just wanted to apologize to anyone I may have offended over the last little while.

Gerritt.

No worries Gerritt. We all have bad days and stress factors that make us act out without us even realizing what we're doing.

Hope you can de-stress and get out fishing soon. How's this weekend looking bud?

Joey

Actually,

I find that when you are critical, you typically end your response with a polite disclaimer simply stating that it is your opinion and that you are not here to offend.

You seem to be a class-act from what I've read?

Edited by snag

Actually,

I find that when you are critical, you typically end your response with a polite disclaimer simply stating that it is your opinion and that you are not here to offend.

You seem to be a class-act from what I've read?

I agree with both snag and rick.... I have never actually disagreed with a comment of yours that I have read... But either way, we all know how hard it is to apologise for whatever was incorrectly done...

In my opinion though, I would not refrain from somewhat critical posts as long as it is not a by-product of "personal problems"... Otherwise it is a faceless post with no real "brain" behind it... Thats my 2 cents though,

Bill

I don't actually remember reading any of your posts and thinking they were offensive, but regardless I think it's a solid thing to own up to your behavior and to make a public statement about it.

Look forward to more posts from you and hope you get to go fishing soon...

Mike

I am glad to see that things are getting better for you and the fog is lifting enough for you to see all of your friends around you. The minor abuse you dished out as of late is quickly forgotten by all of your true friends. Welcome back buddy.

Art

Gerritt no worries. Everyone goes thru there time on here when they vent a bit. We see it every year and more often in the winter months. It was your turn and some of the things said where aimed in the right direction and hopefully heard.

As for going for a walk and cooling off, you sure picked the right time of the year for that. It's -23 with the wind chill today that should do it.

Mike

Word !! But seriously, DouG needs to apologize to the board for his use of the english language!! :angel:

Only for the words I don't understand :D

Gerritt, good post. As others have said, you express your opinions very well and always note they are not meant to offend.