FINALLY!!!!

We finally found our NEW BOAT.. well, new to us... as most Know, we've been looking since spring and we've looked at a lot of boats..... but most were not very well taken care of and we didn't want anything like that....

Ravine Rat had sent me a message about a 17.8ft Smoker Craft that was for sale on another board... we contacted the seller and went to see it yesterday, both Chuck and I were off by noon....so we contacted CrappieSteve and headed for his place.. We arrived at Steve's a little early to go see the boat, so Steve gave us a nice tour of his place before heading for Niagra Falls...

Here is the add on it and a pic of the guys checking it out...

1998 Smoker Craft 178 Fazer, 1998 115 Mercury elpto(LOW HOURS), 1998 Ez-Loader galvanized trailer with a spare. Full stand up top with side windows and back curtain. New(2006) Minn Kota 65lb thrust autopilot with copilot remote. Dual large live wells with timers, Guest on board 2 bank charger 10/10, 2 deep marine cycle batteries, 1 starting marine battery. 7" Fish strike 2000 with GPS and color fish finder, hummingbird 100fx fish finder. 2 Big jon down riggers with mounts and 2 side mount rod holders. Outboard motor bracket rated for up to 20hp, and a boarding ladder. Radio/cassette player with speakers. All the safety gear is included.

$15500 obo

The boat.

Newboat.jpg

Boathunt003.jpg

Checking out the moter

Boathunt002.jpg

After leaving a deposit for the boat, Steve took us to view some beautiful sites of the Niagara Falls area.... Steve, you make a great guide, thanks for all your help and guide services and a great evening...

Here are a few picture’s of the area's that Steve took us too... what a beautiful area... I've been to Niagara Falls before, But never taking the time to view the area. I can't wait to go back for a whole day of it...

The Whirlpool

Boathunt004.jpg

Boathunt005.jpg

The whirlpool jet… boy, would I love to take a ride in this… Steve say’s its pretty expensive, but it still looks like a blast… :)

Boathunt008.jpg

The cable-car that brings you across the whirlpool… it looks so cool in person..

Boathunt011.jpg

and here’s another area he took us too.. We’re looking right across at the USA…

Boathunt013.jpg

After some site seeing we headed back to Steve’s for some Pizza and brown pops to celebrate… What a great afternoon/evening we had… Thanks again Steve…

We are planning to pick the new boat up on Friday or Saturday, …. We are so excited to have finally found something we want, we can’t wait for the weekend to come…

We arrived back home around 11 pm last night to find our wonderful neighbors enjoying a drive-in Theater in their own back yard... lol What a funny site this was.... We are so lucky to have such great neighbors, we couldn't have picked them better ourselves.. :thumbsup_anim:

Boathunt015.jpg

Well that's just fantastic Shelly. What a nice boat.

Niagara is a beautiful region that's for sure. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Steve's a sweetheart too. It was sure nice of him to be your guide for the day.

Enjoy the boat.

Joey

WTG Shelley, I'm really happy for you guys !! :thumbsup_anim:

You took the time to look around for exactly what you wanted, rather than jumping at something else too soon and regretting the decision down the road later on.

Smokercraft & Merc both have excellent reputaions and you should enjoy that new rig for many years to come.

Shelly@Chuck,I,m glad the looking is over for you two,I know that you guys will enjoy your new toy. As for being the guide,no problem it was my pleasure to do it,was fun too.Wait till I take you guys down the gorge for a day of fishing.wait that defeats the purpose of buying a boatLOL,but we will one day.

Joey..thanks for the words Sweety :blush:

Steve

You'll be glad to have the full windshield and top set, that is something that I decided was mandatory for any boat to purchase.

Congrats!

I am still dreaming of the day I take delivery, 274 more sleeps for me!

Tony

Congrats! Nice looking boat!

Took us a while to find what we were looking for too. Hopefully you are as happy with yours as we are with ours!!

Now all we have to do is break the curse of the bambino. Havent caught a darn thing since we got the boat (2 months :) )

Bill

Hey Shelly and Chuck CONGRATULATIONS :thumbsup_anim: . I know how much you wanted one of your own, and how long you've looked...that's a great looking boat you got yourselves! Now I expect to read lots of reports of your :Gonefishing: expeditions :D .

As for the whirlpool jet boat...I'd love to go for a ride one day...we'll go together :D

Maureen

Hope you enjoy your new boat. I have a 99 178 Fazer with a 150 Honda. I used to have a 115 Honda on it (long story on why I switched).

You should be in the low 40's at wot with the 115. If you have any questions about the boat, I can try and answer but you made a good decision on the purchase and price appears to be fair.

Good luck with the fishing! :Gonefishing: