Photobucket Grrrrrrrrrrr

dave524

I used Photobucket to post the pictues in this post. They seem to be working. This just start within the last few days?

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84730

Just this morning, my wife does html and web pages for a couple of groups she had to move a bunch of pictures off a free bucket account to somewher else and redo the linking, she was not impressed :angry:

Photobucket is holding all my pictures for ransom. It says I have exceeded my storage limit and now need to pay a monthly fee to access my picture library. WTH........

They want anywhere from $59 to $399 to upgrade my account to access MY PICTURES...they can go to you know where.....

Until a few days ago my Photobucket had become slow and I had to log in every time I used it, but now it's fast again and I no longer need to log in each time. No idea what happened but it seems I can still post pictures with no issues.

I spose time will tell though.

009-4.jpg

For a decade they've allowed free image hosting to the masses... Guess it's time they want something in return..? 15 billion images!!!

Have had to pay for some years now. Every now and then things get glitchy, like today (which they've posted about changes being made) but otherwise they're purdy good! Might have about 4,000 photos in there now and I'm at 37% space used on a $40 annual plan.

Guess the free account I used for here and other forums is toast, went to log in with my user name and password as it logged me out for some reason , won't accept my password :wallbash: , says passwords must be 6 characters or longer, mine was only 5, had it for like 10+ years. No great loss, the pics are all on my external and if they are not going to allow 3rd party linking it will be pretty much useless anyway.

Good thing about PB is that you can download each one of your libraries in zip format. I'm switching everything over to Imgur.

Did the same thing yesterday. Watched a couple forums lose a bunch of content due to changes with Photobucket, and I was getting sick of the slow and clunky site. Imgur seems much nicer.

Good thing about PB is that you can download each one of your libraries in zip format. I'm switching everything over to Imgur.

Yup, I'm working on downloading all mine and will be deleting my account when done.

I've been linking from my FB albums mostly in the last few years anyway.

My High Rez High Quality images go on Flickr.