Photobucket Grrrrrrrrrrr

dave524

Bill, I just got flckr, did the whole auto upload thing etc

How do I get my pics from PB to flckr?

I have alot of photos on PB is don't have saved anywhere else

go to your library, on the right side of the screen there will an Actions menu, click download album, will download it to a zip file, unpack it, then reload it somewhere else. i chose imgur

go to your library, on the right side of the screen there will an Actions menu, click download album, will download it to a zip file, unpack it, then reload it somewhere else. i chose imgur

In the process now, thank you good sir!

I'll also look at imgur

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm... returned from vacation only to find this dick move made by PB.

In their fine print, any users with a paid "Plus" account should continue to have normal usage, including bandwidth for 3rd party, until Dec 31, 2018 as long as their paid account has good standing. Luckily, I thought, with a Plus 20 account, this good grace would be given. In an even finer print though, PB notes they have the right to limit any excessive bandwidth use.

Unfortunately today, after finishing what is one rather huge arctic report, all photos are not being supported. Everything prior to now, still good.

I think all would agree this has to be the nastiest move a web provider such as this, could ever make. Reading their new plans, I want to vomit. Truthfully, with 1000's of hours into photos and writing spread out over the years, and surely many others with even greater life spent, PB will hopefully come under enough fire that they change their tune. If they shut down... I think personally, I'd be finished online. There's not enough time in a day to get back nearly 15 years.

So what does IMGUR allow?

And from FB... is it only "linking" provided but with no offsite 3rd party support?

This site needs a way to upload from mobile. Period. I would post photos again if that were the case. How many of us actually sit down at a PC anymore?? For me, rarely, and even then I dont' upload my photos from mobile to PC.

S.

In their fine print, any users with a paid "Plus" account should continue to have normal usage, including bandwidth for 3rd party, until Dec 31, 2018 as long as their paid account has good standing. Luckily, I thought, with a Plus 20 account, this good grace would be given. In an even finer print though, PB notes they have the right to limit any excessive bandwidth use.

Unfortunately today, after finishing what is one rather huge arctic report, all photos are not being supported. Everything prior to now, still good.

I think all would agree this has to be the nastiest move a web provider such as this, could ever make. Reading their new plans, I want to vomit. Truthfully, with 1000's of hours into photos and writing spread out over the years, and surely many others with even greater life spent, PB will hopefully come under enough fire that they change their tune. If they shut down... I think personally, I'd be finished online. There's not enough time in a day to get back nearly 15 years.

And from FB... is it only "linking" provided but with no offsite 3rd party support?

I basically lost access to about 7 thousand pics. Im not very happy

I cannot fathom the amount you lost

Edited by manitoubass2

A dirty, dirty move. I hope this backfires and they go out of business.

When PB started- Hey, we're good and we're free, come use us!

PB now- We suck but we have your pictures hostage and we're holding them for ransom, but have a great day!

Edited by chris.brock

This site needs a way to upload from mobile. Period. I would post photos again if that were the case. How many of us actually sit down at a PC anymore?? For me, rarely, and even then I dont' upload my photos from mobile to PC.

S.

I'm a PC kinda guy. Ditched all mobile devices on retirement.

Best thing for peeps like you Drew is get your own site.

I have one for my Arctic fishing and another for my cabin build.

Though I've been really lax on the fishing one and it really needs updating.

My cabin one is just a Wordpress blog that is very easy to maintain and gets updated in the fall after I finish my yearly building. :)

http://www.anglersparadise.ca/

I'm hosted by https://www.netfirms.ca/

Costs me under $100/year.

Easy to link pics too. ;)

IMG_3692.jpg

S.

Agreed. I'd post a lot of pictures

My phone is just that a phone, well except for a bunch of tunes and Winamp, don't even have data, just wifi at home. I <3 my 24 inch PC monitor but sometime squint and struggle with a 15 inch laptop. Got a Google cast Toshiba big screen but the wife don't share my taste in music :asshat:

edit: yeah I'm old with bifocals and hearing aids

Edited by dave524

S.

Ya, I can post pics on another site with out resizing or even using a host.

I do, your one smart newf. LOL

Edited by Misfish

Damn, it won't let me download my bucket, always getting an error. Single image download seems to work still but that will be a pain.

Cheers

Same issue for me, I've got about 3500 pictures in 15 different albums and the album download won't work yet it was fine a couple days ago so I'm also doing them 1 x 1

At least I've still got access to my pictures and can still post them on websites but who know for how long.

A dirty, dirty move. I hope this backfires and they go out of business.

When PB started- Hey, we're good and we're free, come use us!

PB now- We suck but we have your pictures hostage and we're holding them for ransom, but have a great day!

Well... they do have me by the nads it appears. Plain and simple. On a paid plan, with 6600 images stored, I still have 62% more storage allowable. Pretty sure that the plus plan last paid was about $65CAN for the year. Today, I messaged them asking they honor their fine print and continue with my same customer service until the December 31, 2018 cutoff date they have written they will provide. The response in my email just now was, "You spoke, we listened!" And a link was provided for me to immediately setup monthly payments of $60US for their 500 Plus plan.

Before I pour a scotch later, I have been taking deep breaths and uploading the latest fishing report photos to IMGUR. Which is one clumsy site to deal with big bulk photo uploads. It would only be temporary. SmugMug is another online suggestion for image hosting... It advertises $6 a month... but says nothing about max bandwidth and is kinda vague on third party.

As I said to Brenda tonight... I can't imagine the small businesses and hobbyists using PB are very happy at this point but, little in online media seems to suggest anyone can do a thing about this. Been uploading with them since 2004 and what feels like a life's work is being held for ransom. Lose it, and it's kinda like someone coming into your home and burning all your photo albums and personal journals. So, Bren says, pay it, because the time to redo it all would be a far greater price. But the thought of paying the Devil rather sucks!

No warning, no consideration, it seems criminal.

Damn, it won't let me download my bucket, always getting an error. Single image download seems to work still but that will be a pain.

They give you the option to download, say you can do it but, when I tried, they slowed my computer to a stop by flooding me with ads and cookies and other garbage. All they're "changes" over the months I guess have been put in place just to screw us over.

Dave... I like your idea with Wordpress and pay about $90 a year for bunksoutdoorangle but, I don't think they have the capacity to host even half the photos and, not sure I'd have the capacity to redo all the data necessary to change 97 fishing stories.

Shayner bud! I still sit at a desktop and prefer it. :) lol

Dave... I like your idea with Wordpress and pay about $90 a year for bunksoutdoorangle but, I don't think they have the capacity to host even half the photos and, not sure I'd have the capacity to redo all the data necessary to change 97 fishing stories.

HMMMMM, this is my plan.

https://www.netfirms.com/netfirms/web-hosting/plus.bml

UNLIMITED DISK SPACE

There is no cap on the disk space we provide to deliver the content of your website. As long as you are fully compliant with our Terms of Service and utilize storage for the normal operation of your Netfirms website, you will have access to unlimited space.

Please keep in mind that in a few cases, we have had to work with customers to reduce the number of files they are using. Typically, these file counts are in the tens of thousands, and we've been able to help our customers manage them effectively.

LOADS of BANDWIDTH

We have no set limits when it comes to bandwidth — which is the amount of traffic and data that flows between your website and the rest of the internet — and our architecture was built to support more than 99.5% of our customers' bandwidth demands.

Because we offer what is known as a shared architecture, our customers share both the hardware and the "pipes" we use to transmit data across the web, so we do monitor bandwidth to ensure optimum performance for our customers. Again, we are able to support more than 99.5% of customers with no issues at all. However, in some wonderful cases, customers become so successful that their traffic and data transfer outgrow our shared architecture. When that happens, we work with the customer to identify scalable solutions, such as our Virtual Private Servers.

My phone is just that a phone.

edit: yeah I'm old with bifocals and hearing aids

I'm with you Dave, sans the hearing aids, And I just started to use Photo Bucket successfully except here of course.

I have read a few alternate "free" sites bounced around here some are going with. The question for this old sore crippled up "I used ta do that" which one do I go with? Looking for simplicity here. I no longer have that intern and I.T. guy to do stuff for me. So which do I choose?

Thanks all.

Johnny D.