2019-2020 Hockey Thread

When you hit 50 years of watching, you'll understand where I am coming from. I would hate to see my fellow Leaf fans go through what I and other long time fans have been through... and like every other team in the league, we are one injury away for being in the middle of the pack. Andersen goes down and trouble is on the horizon.

HH

But in the last 30 years have the leafs had a player like Matthews? (I'd accept the arguement that Sittler and McDonald > Matthews and Marner). I just hope management does right by the talent this time. Edited by jeremy84

I'll tell you how much I am in the loop of the NHL today. When did Los Vegas get a freeking NHL franchise? Vegas? I should relinquish my Canadian citizenship. I am embarrassed to tell the truth. Vegas and not Hamilton, Quebec City, London, Halifax or even Regina? I bet Saskatchewan has 25,000 hockey fans to fill an arena. Heck they fill a stadium with rabid CFL fans in sub zero weather in November, NHL games are in a nice and toasty indoor arena for Pete's sake. Those fans in Regina would watch if games were played outside. Who is going to a Vegas game, Reginians on a 3 day junket?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Who is going to a Vegas game, Reginians on a 3 day junket?

precisely thats exactly what their plan is....

Guess who is in the city of sin on New Years eve....the leafs (yes its on purpose)

Matthews is better than sittler. I know that might pain some of you guys but its the truth.

Theres no such thing as a team with a 123 points anymore smashing up the cleveland barons and minnesota north stars.

if they get 50 shots per game...they will be fine

True. They were a step, or two...behind Jersey last night be still had a ton of excellent chances. That was a clear goaltending win for Jersey but that's the way the game is played. Nothing wrong with a 3-1 start to the season as long as they get it back on track and they will...you can't hide talent.

I know I'm probably on an island here, but even last year I couldn't stand to watch Gardiner. Is it just me? Cause I'd bounce him in a heartbeat. lol

I see the laffs are on the normal track again!

Now they will run around bumping into each other in a lost comedic state .....queue the Benny Hill music!

Yup. 3 wins out of 4 games. Sounds like a perfectly normal track to me. I mean, 61 wins this season is a little low, but we'll take it in Toronto. We're still rebuilding.

Gardiner drives me crazy too. He has obvious skills, but me thinks there is a gap in his head somewhere.

Oh good thought it was just me being too critical. I just said to my son last night it's like he goes into a fog and watches crap unfold while he thinks about what to do. He's great athletically, I just don't think he's an exceptionally smart defenseman.

Holy buzzer beaters Batman!!!!

Anyone watching the Pens/Bolts game?

Bolts just scored at the end of the first with less than a tenth of a second left on the clock.

The puck was still in the air 1/2 way between the goal line and back of the net when 0's showed on the clock. :)