2019-2020 Hockey Thread

So proof of the saying " can't fix ......." lives on.

That quote is so unfair to a kid who hasn't proven anything yet. God forbid if Matthews stumbles a bit and doesn't live up to your expectations and anytll you laffites come down on him anytll his confidence is crushed.

Same old laffs fans, that is why you haven't won squat anytllndnd no one like to play in Toronto.

lol matt while trying to type this post and then seeing matthews snipe yet another G

exploding-head-gif-7.gif

we all knew the habs were an absolutely terrible team with a good goaltender. The proof is when they basically finished dead last the year price got hurt.

Price has looked somewhat human and the habs directly reflect the reality of what that team is.

They basically expect Pacioretty Galchynuk and droin the contribute 100% of the offence to that team because aside from them the team is a pile of 4th liners.

None of these guys are connor mcdavid, sidney crosby, malkin, steven stamkos, alex ovechkin, nikita kucherov, auston matthews, jonothan toews or patrick kane...not even close.

sorry if i missed any more of the NHL's best. point being is that none of these guys are even close to that level...galchynuk would be in bozaks spot on the leafs...thats right, third line.

you know who else is also totally comparable to pacioretty? Another leafs third liners, james van reimsdyk...yup. when bozak and van reimsdyk are expected to carry the team youve got a big big problem...

Edited by AKRISONER

we all knew the habs were an absolutely terrible team with a good goaltender. The proof is when they basically finished dead last the year price got hurt.

Price has looked somewhat human and the habs directly reflect the reality of what that team is.

They basically expect Pacioretty Galchynuk and droin the contribute 100% of the offence to that team because aside from them the team is a pile of 4th liners.

None of these guys are connor mcdavid, sidney crosby, malkin, steven stamkos, alex ovechkin, nikita kucherov, auston matthews, jonothan toews or patrick kane...not even close.

sorry if i missed any more of the NHL's best. point being is that none of these guys are even close to that level...galchynuk would be in bozaks spot on the leafs...thats right, third line.

you know who else is also totally comparable to pacioretty? Another leafs third liners, james van reimsdyk...yup. when bozak and van reimsdyk are expected to carry the team youve got a big big problem...

Wow, I totally agree on your Habs evaluation! They have a really hard year ahead....can you say shakeup???

I'd be shocked if the Habs don't ask Price for permission to move him. If fact, it's something they should have done a year ago. The Leafs were experts at icing 18 third and fourth liners in front of a great goalie and trying to sell it as strategy. That's now flipped and we have incredible talent upfront, a young but learning defence core and a goalie that kind of scares me at times. But honestly, the progress the Leafs have made so early in the rebuild process is phenomenal.

I'd be shocked if the Habs don't ask Price for permission to move him. If fact, it's something they should have done a year ago. The Leafs were experts at icing 18 third and fourth liners in front of a great goalie and trying to sell it as strategy. That's now flipped and we have incredible talent upfront, a young but learning defence core and a goalie that kind of scares me at times. But honestly, the progress the Leafs have made so early in the rebuild process is phenomenal.

anderson is not the problem...the Leafs D is terrible. Its a big big problem if they actually intend to contend...but none the less a problem that can be addressed with a few key moves. Thats the beauty of depth...you can afford to trade a piece that you have excess of to address an issue that you are short of.

in this case, high end offensive talent is in abundance...a trade including an absolute stud prospect like kapenen and JVR could fetch a decent penny in the market. It sucks, especially losing a guy like kapenen but the guy needs to be playing in the NHL and the only reason he isnt is because he is young and his contract makes him easy to bury in the minors so you can hide him away from the cap. Trust me the leafs know what kind of chip they have in their hands to play.

No dont tell me they will get a drew doughty type player...no one trades that, but maybe you could get a bonafied top line D man? There are 64 #1-2 d men in the league...someone might be willing to give a few of those away for the right prospects.

Trust me it hurts but thats the price you pay to make a run. The style of play that the leafs play is going to give them 100points this season, but if the caps have taught the leafs anything, its that you cant win cups with a high powered offence. It might win the presidents trophy, but it doesn't win cups.

Edited by AKRISONER

anderson is not the problem...the Leafs D is terrible. Its a big big problem if they actually intend to contend...but none the less a problem that can be addressed with a few key moves. Thats the beauty of depth...you can afford to trade a piece that you have excess of to address an issue that you are short of.

in this case, high end offensive talent is in abundance...a trade including an absolute stud prospect like kapenen and JVR could fetch a decent penny in the market. It sucks, especially losing a guy like kapenen but the guy needs to be playing in the NHL and the only reason he isnt is because he is young and his contract makes him easy to bury in the minors so you can hide him away from the cap. Trust me the leafs know what kind of chip they have in their hands to play.

No dont tell me they will get a drew doughty type player...no one trades that, but maybe you could get a bonafied top line D man? There are 64 #1-2 d men in the league...someone might be willing to give a few of those away for the right prospects.

Trust me it hurts but thats the price you pay to make a run. The style of play that the leafs play is going to give them 100points this season, but if the caps have taught the leafs anything, its that you cant win cups with a high powered offence. It might win the presidents trophy, but it doesn't win cups.

I think there are maybe 4 #1 D men in the league.

There are 64 #2 and 3 that play on the first line. On the Fan they were talking to a former NHL'er and he was saying if you are the leafs you should gladly overpay for a top 2-3 defenseman. If it's a sure thing, you go for him, even if it costs you a few more prospects. He said Hammonic would have fit perfect.

If Montreal is smart they trade price now when they get a Kings ransom and hold on to Golchenyuk until his value goes up.

I would like to thank the Leaf experts for writing the Habs off....it`s a long season...

The big mistake in my humble opinion was the hiring of Julien...never liked him when he coached the Habs the first time...never liked him in Boston and certainly no fan of his this time around either...for the life of me I can not understand why a team that has struggled to score at times would re hire a coached that was previously fired and who is a defense first guy and for 5 years at that...this must be french thing has killed the habs.

And I really feel for Galchenyuk the kid has been jerked around since day one and now Julien is here that has been intensified....I will point out that since Julien`s arrival every Russian player has been let go...and I don`t recall Boston having any Russians on their roster either, perhaps it is just coincidence....

Bergevin has hitched his wagon to Price, Weber and Drouin and I can see major changes happening if this slow start continues....I think Pacioretty goes and so does Galchenyuk....

Oh did Taranna lose to the Habs....AGAIN.... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I would like to thank the Leaf experts for writing the Habs off....it`s a long season...

The big mistake in my humble opinion was the hiring of Julien...never liked him when he coached the Habs the first time...never liked him in Boston and certainly no fan of his this time around either...for the life of me I can not understand why a team that has struggled to score at times would re hire a coached that was previously fired and who is a defense first guy and for 5 years at that...this must be french thing has killed the habs.

And I really feel for Galchenyuk the kid has been jerked around since day one and now Julien is here that has been intensified....I will point out that since Julien`s arrival every Russian player has been let go...and I don`t recall Boston having any Russians on their roster either, perhaps it is just coincidence....

Bergevin has hitched his wagon to Price, Weber and Drouin and I can see major changes happening if this slow start continues....I think Pacioretty goes and so does Galchenyuk....

The Leaf "experts" have had to listen to it coming the other direction for years, yourself included. So take your turn...Taranna's kicking your butt.

Well the Habs will only hire French speaking coaches, so there's a pretty limited pool to choose from.

They won't even hire one that will go out and learn French.

Ownership is severely handicapping themselves by doing this.

Exactly.

Meh, it's just the Habs oh well

Edited by manitoubass2