2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Love the compete level of this team.

Hopefully they can keep it up.

Certainly a step up from 50 years of sucking. I can see how there would be some optimism in the laffs fan ranks.

They will never keep up the pace and there is bound to be some injuries at some point.

Enjoy it while you can laffites!

Personally I ...........well, you know!

:wallbash:

Certainly a step up from 50 years of sucking. I can see how there would be some optimism in the laffs fan ranks.

They will never keep up the pace and there is bound to be some injuries at some point.

Enjoy it while you can laffites!

Personally I ...........well, you know!

:wallbash:

LOL Seriously?? Well there you have boys, Uncle Matt has finally buckled under from the pressure of reality. Apparently the Leafs are the only team in the league faced with possible injuries. If that's all ya got...!!?? WooHoo! lmao

It's early but sure beats being 0 for 2...

https://www.nhl.com/standings

Edited by grimsbylander

Uncle Matt has finally buckled under from the pressure of reality.

Ummmm...nope.

Still loath the laffs and everything they do and stand for! Just like you laffites hate the Sens. Can't argue with the skill of Matthews though, but he's no McDavid.

Quick out of the gates and the youthful enthusiasm will not be enough to over ride the stench of failure deeply entrenched into laff culture.

That said, I'm still expecting the laffites to heighten their overconfident, pompous arrogance!

That's a given. :stretcher:

Meh, mcdavid is the better of the two but I'm ok with that right now

That's kinda like do you want a young yzerman or a young Crosby IMO

Both are destined for great futures though

Edmonton quickly has to learn that someone else has to score other then McDavid to win games.

Leafs figured that out. Everyone on the roster plus scratches have at least one point except Ferr.

Meh, mcdavid is the better of the two but I'm ok with that right now

That's kinda like do you want a young yzerman or a young Crosby IMO

Both are destined for great futures though

I don't think that is a given. Matthews is still learning and filling out.

I don't think that is a given. Matthews is still learning and filling out.

I agree, but so is mcdavid.

Only time will tell

And just to clarify (I'm sure I'll get flack on this)

I'm likening mcdavid to Crosby. And Mathews to yzerman( my favorite of all time)

Edited by manitoubass2

lol

poor matt has so little to talk about that his chirp is now....oh you guys have the second best player in the league not the first!...? lolll

was at that game on Monday....holy crepe when the boys get rolling they are like a bullet train, too fast and they just keep on rolling.

Their forecheck is just nasty.

Now that we no longer have to worry about Matt:

Hey Montreal! Want some scoring? Maybe if you give us three first round picks we might lend you Connor Brown. XD XD

hes on pace to outscore everyone on montreal hahaha

lets also not forget montreal only has one first round pick in this years draft hahaha

Edited by AKRISONER

Ok fellow Leaf fans, I am pretty stoked about our team this year, but having been down this road many times in the past, I am still somewhat reticent to dive head first.

They have only played three games and mostly played well in those three. I see folks here getting themselves in a spin about how good they are, well, they haven't won anything yet! Are things much more promising than they have been in the last 50 years, yah,they are. But I think it may be a little early to start planning the parade route just yet.

Stay strong and fish on!

HH

Ok fellow Leaf fans, I am pretty stoked about our team this year, but having been down this road many times in the past, I am still somewhat reticent to dive head first.

They have only played three games and mostly played well in those three. I see folks here getting themselves in a spin about how good they are, well, they haven't won anything yet! Are things much more promising than they have been in the last 50 years, yah,they are. But I think it may be a little early to start planning the parade route just yet.

Stay strong and fish on!

HH

It's the first time to get excited since I was in high school (I'm 33) about the leafs. Maybe not planning the parade route but I'm enjoying every minute of this.

And a co-worker of mine who is a diehard habs fan said 'end the season already. Just give us the damn draft pick.' XD XD

considering the fact that I started seriously watching the leafs in 2000...i think i have the right to be a little excited.

Thats 17 seasons of watching nearly every single game with basically nothing to show for it...pardon me for being excited!

When you hit 50 years of watching, you'll understand where I am coming from. I would hate to see my fellow Leaf fans go through what I and other long time fans have been through... and like every other team in the league, we are one injury away for being in the middle of the pack. Andersen goes down and trouble is on the horizon.

HH

I'm with Headhunter - I never get too excited after so many losing years. Yes, the Burns era and Quinn era weren't too bad, but still nothing to show for their efforts. Like HH said - only an injury or two away from some struggles.

Go Leafs Go!

name a single team in the NHL right now that if their starting goaltender gets injured wont fall into the back of the pack?

Exactly, so I suggest, after watching these guys for 50 years, that we all slow down, enjoy the the good times, but let's keep our feet on the ground for a bit...

HH