canadian tire gas and there money card

ecmilley

There's a couple different cards. Are you guys talking Gas Advantage or Options Master Card?

Credit cards are awesome if you pay off the balance. I could make a long list of all the free stuff I've got from my Options card points.

Oh yeah, if it's the Options card, PM me, I have a little trick.

I earn more $ on my Options card than I do on my bank account which, with current interest rates, is not saying very much I guess.

Twice now I've gotten notice that I can spend my points and get them refunded on my next statement. Once was for $50, once for $75. So these days I keep a good balance in case I get a similar offer.

what do they give you % wise cash back on this card? their website is so (intentionally, i suspect) vague, other than 10 cents / liter off for the first 30 days on the gas card.

i get 4% at all gas stations and grocery stores then 2% on bill payments and pharmacy and 1% everwhere else. this is with the scotia infinite momentum visa. i found that to be the best deal around when i was looking for a new cashback card.

Edited by Raf

I buy gas at costco for 6-8 cents a litre cheaper . The discount on gas at Canadian tire requires you to spend more to get a better discount.. Their other card gives you Canadian tire money back but neither equals the amount I save at costco

I buy gas at costco for 6-8 cents a litre cheaper . The discount on gas at Canadian tire requires you to spend more to get a better discount.. Their other card gives you Canadian tire money back but neither equals the amount I save at costco

That's a good deal from Costco, but unfortunately it's way out of my way to go to their gas bars. I also don't shop there regularly and the $55 annual fee means I'd have to buy a lot of gas to pay that part off.

what do they give you % wise cash back on this card? their website is so (intentionally, i suspect) vague, other than 10 cents / liter off for the first 30 days on the gas card.

i get 4% at all gas stations and grocery stores then 2% on bill payments and pharmacy and 1% everwhere else. this is with the scotia infinite momentum visa. i found that to be the best deal around when i was looking for a new cashback card.

Any annual fee? All gas stations and grocers?

If not, that's the best deal I've heard of.

CT Options seems to work out to a little less than 1 % on all purchases, special promos at CT and their gas bar.

There's a couple different cards. Are you guys talking Gas Advantage or Options Master Card?

Credit cards are awesome if you pay off the balance. I could make a long list of all the free stuff I've got from my Options card points.

Oh yeah, if it's the Options card, PM me, I have a little trick.

Definitely, I got a free MotorGuide Xi5 on credit card points earlier this year... DriversEdge, not Cdn Tire. Actually I ended up with the motor plus about $500 in cash.

Any annual fee? All gas stations and grocers?

If not, that's the best deal I've heard of.

CT Options seems to work out to a little less than 1 % on all purchases, special promos at CT and their gas bar.

First year free and 99 there after which you recoup pretty quickly at 4%. These two categories likely are most people's biggest spends. Yes all gas stations and grocers. For any large purchases at best buy CT home depot etc I buy gift cards at grocery store to get 4% on those as well. The 2% bills category includes things like your home/auto insurance, cable/internet, etc. Works great for us.

There's a new tangerine master card that gives you 2% on 3 categories of your choosing and 1% everywhere else that is no fee if your annual spend doesn't warrant a fee based card

Edited by Raf

Cliff - I'm pretty sure their low test doesn't have ethanol either. At least my local one didn't a year or two ago.

I do know at one point they had a sign on the pumps "may contain up to 10% ethanol" but I haven't noticed it lately so you could be right! I'll have to check into it.

Been using COSTCO for at least 5 years every week, I fill up once a week, save between $4-5 per fill. Yesterday the difference was 9 cents in Woody.

Membership is $62 with taxes. last wek needed wipers CT had them for 22.99 - 24.99 EACH, happened to be in COSTCO and Michelin wipers were 11.97 EACH and way better made that the CT ones saved well over 20 right there.

First year free and 99 there after which you recoup pretty quickly at 4%. These two categories likely are most people's biggest spends. Yes all gas stations and grocers. For any large purchases at best buy CT home depot etc I buy gift cards at grocery store to get 4% on those as well. The 2% bills category includes things like your home/auto insurance, cable/internet, etc. Works great for us.

There's a new tangerine master card that gives you 2% on 3 categories of your choosing and 1% everywhere else that is no fee if your annual spend doesn't warrant a fee based card

I just ordered this card last week. I don't use my CC too much, so I may cancel after 1st year if the recovery rate doesn't justify the annual fee.

I like airmiles, because I've gotten good at collecting with the bonus structure and I like use Shell gas. Best of all, I redeem all my 'miles' for investment vouchers, which I then turn into RSP's! $800 in retirement funds over the last 4 years

I like airmiles, because I've gotten good at collecting with the bonus structure and I like use Shell gas. Best of all, I redeem all my 'miles' for investment vouchers, which I then turn into RSP's! $800 in retirement funds over the last 4 years

I use airmiles too and mostly buy shell cause it's the only game in town but I think they took away the investment vouchers this year which is a shame. On their own air miles aren't great but I agree, if you pay attention to the bonus structure they become more attractive.

We have a PC Financial World Elite MasterCard purchased for the sole purpose of getting cash back from grocery purchases. We do 99.9% of our grocery shopping at there stores be it Loblaws, Canadian Superstore's or No Frills. We where getting about $250 a year to use towards "free" groceries. This past year they changed a number of things on the card and you get weekly customer only deals online that you load on your card at home. Just yesterday we got over 7000 points which is $7 on our No frills $104 grocery bill. So if you load your weekly deals and keep an eye on things you can get a good return like ours that was basically 7% yesterday. It's looking like we will get closer to $400 this year on our card which translates to about 3-4 weeks worth of free groceries.

The card also gives points for all purchases made with it but I can't tell you what it is because we only use it to buy groceries with.

I checked and their high test does not contain ethanol. I have been using their card to buy my gas there for years and it saves me quite a bit on every fill up and their price is usually one of the lowest in town.

to add to your post, for those filling up premium gas, CT price for premium is a 13 cents margin over regular whereas other gas stations are 16 cents. so saving of 3 cents per litre for premium users at CT. I use premium since my car is turbocharged and the car loves it.

Edited by huzzsaba

I dont use credit cards at all..Air-miles at shell and a Costco card..Costco is nice for gas if the lineup is-int to long and the propane is an amazing deal..Cost me $4.50 the other day to fill up mybbq tank. If you guys are buying lots of propane throughout the year its worth the membership yearly..that's only 50 bucks. I filled up my 100 pounder at the Peterborough Costco for $50 bucks the trailer is all set for another 2 years! The only ones that make money on credit cards are the banks..Not for this guy..This is what we have debit cards..Why hand over any more of your hard earned money..I just dont get it..