canadian tire gas and there money card

ecmilley

My only complaint is the lack of CT gas bars. The highway 11 from Barrie to North Bay has no CT gas bars on the highway. You're forced to go into small towns to use the discount. My local gas bar in Deep River only sells regular gas so I don't use the discount for outboards, chainsaws etc.

just get a card that gives 4% cashback on gas and dont worry about being tied to CT. There are 3 that I am aware of, Scotia Momentum Infinite Visa, Scotia Amex Gold and CIBC has a new one out, their version of the infinite visa. These are all fee cards that are first year free and 89-99 per year. Like I said earlier in this thread, you get 4% at all gas stations and grocery stores so the 99 is recouped very quickly and then some. They also do 2% on certain other items and 1% everywhere else. The CT card works out to less than 1% on anything besides gas / shopping at CT. Junk IMO unless you shop A LOT at CT.

We get nearly $800 back a year on the Scotia Visa by using it for all our gas, groceries and monthly bills (home / auto ins and internet). Always pay it off monthly so no interest charges. I don't know / don't care how scotia makes any money off me.

Edited by Raf