Green Christmas

captpierre

I had a RUSH order come in yesterday for a set of hydraulic wheel skis... with some really weird size and rigging requirements on the supplied drawings. Thought it was one of those scams, as they paid in advance and are sending the military to pick them up! They must be done by this Friday so that they have a week to do the install. Maybe they'll take me with them to make sure everything works... :whistling:

Just went and dumped wood ashes from the woodstove on my veggie garden. It is so warm and dry I almost fired up my tiller to work them in. Never had a chance to do that in December before. While out there I noticed yellow dandelions in my yard and my clematis vines are budding which probably isn't a good thing for them.

I'm getting real itchy for some ice fishing but I'm not minding no snow to shovel.

I recall , it was probably in the mid 90's, at my parents place near Fonthill, Christmas eve there were frogs croaking in the pond in their yard, think it hit high 60's during the day. Saw a fellow picked 5 dozen nightcrawlers near here last night.

That was the year I had planted carrots and beets on the first of March. Nothing froze that year.

This has got to be the first time I've seen every lake wide open this late into the year. Colder temps starting tomorrow, but still well above seasonal, I think we've had two days that reached -10 or colder so far this year, both were probably 2 weeks ago...ground is soft, unbelievable. I doubt we'll have a green christmas but it's entirely possible at this point. It will be interesting to see what the opener on Nipissing is like. Wouldn't surprise me if operators aren't able to get their huts out.

out for a walk last night and the sidewalk was covered in dew worms,in mid december,can't say I have seen that before

Really. I'll have to have a look here tonight when I get off work at Midnite. Never tried crawlers through the ice. Might give it a shot this year if I can pick some worms.

Thx for posting that.

Really. I'll have to have a look here tonight when I get off work at Midnite. Never tried crawlers through the ice. Might give it a shot this year if I can pick some worms.

Thx for posting that.

I only switched to roe when steelheading in the fall when I couldn't get nightcrawlers anymore, often a first drift on a hole produced on pressured fish that had seen a steady progression of spawn sacks all day.

Thx for posting that.

It was 13 degrees and rained most of the day yesterday also,today is alot cooler at 8 degrees