Why does this site hate Internet Explorer???

akaShag

YES I am an old fogey, so let's get that out of the way first.

NO I do not want Google Chrome, it interferes with other stuff.

Just about every time I am here, "a problem with this website caused Internet Explorer to stop working" and it has to re-load the program. Or sometimes just kicks out completely.

No cut and paste, no hyperlinks, etc

Is there a technical reason?

Doug

Edited by akaShag

I use Explorer. Other than not being able to use the quote feature I don't have any issues. I used to get the same " Explorer stopped working" thing as you but it was my PC. New PC, no problems. And I'm not getting Google Chrome either just so I can use the quote thingy. Is that a computer term "thingy"?

I hung onto Explorer for far too long. It was not user friendly and was just way behind the times.

Having to Admin this forum meant changing up, Chrome has been my Saviour.

Get over Explorer and move into the 21st century.

If I can do it Doug, anyone can.

The outdated IE does not like the code that we have to use to keep this site up. We have an upgrade coming up that we will be forced to do and it will try to address some of the IE issues but it will just trade one issue for another is some unknown areas. It is not an issue of money on the upgrades it is the reformatting of the skins and all of the other plug ins we have to make comparable. The running of a site that is this big is quite a bit of work behind the scenes.

Art