Found my boat!

HTHM

Well, I finally found the boat I have been seeking, and here it is:

IMG_7787_zpsz4avptfy.jpg

IMG_7788_zpsbngif9o0.jpg

IMG_7789_zpsashlr0fi.jpg

It is a 17' Smokercraft powered by a 90hp Mariner main and a 9.9 four stroke kicker. Purchased from Bay City Marine within 2 hours of them taking it in on trade. Clarence was looking out for me.

Sweet albert, very nice. You know I have a 115 and 15 Mariner identical to your Mariners. You will be very happy with them. There is a very good chance your 90 was built by Yamaha exclusively for Mercury and still do for the overseas market from Asia to Africa.

Albert someone may know better but Featherstone Ted just stopped by and I showed him your new baby. He said that Smokercraft uses a StarCraft hull. It sure looks familiar to me without looking under it.

I don't see a transom saver, maybe it's just not on for the pic. Nothing to add on now, highly recommended especially with the kicker added to the transom.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

How much if you dont mind me asking?

Thats a sweet boat man

A fair price. One in which both the buyer and seller were happy with the resulting exchange.

Albert someone may know better but Featherstone Ted just stopped by and I showed him your new baby. He said that Smokercraft uses a StarCraft hull. It sure looks familiar to me without looking under it.

I don't see a transom saver, maybe it's just not on for the pic. Nothing to add on now, highly recommended especially with the kicker added to the transom.

Transom saver is inside and will be used faithfully.

Looks like it pays off to go to church Albert! :)

In more ways than one, Wayne.

I picked up my new PolarKraft 179 Frontier with a 90 hp ETech on May 30th and told my dealer I wanted a transom saver......he response was "I hate them things because they transfer every bump on the road into the lower unit. And he's a ace outboard mechanic that OWNS the marina for over 30 years that I purchased my rig. Needless to say I don't use a lower unit damage controller on my new rig. :)

I wonder how many lower units have been replaced because of transom savers? lolz.

X2, If everything's not tight and things flop around, it may impart a miniscule amount of shock to the lower leg. I'll take my chances with the transom saver.