Trudeau says he will legalize cannabis if elected this fall.

fish_fishburn

He also says he will take more than 2 million possession convictions off the books. Is this just a ploy to get votes or do you think he would really make it happen. Last year there were over 40 thousand simple possession charges given out in Canada which gives the individual charged a criminal record. He is keeping his cards close to his chest for now but what do you guys think about this. I think its a great idea since the war on drugs has been nothing but a huge waste of money and resources.

I don't disagree with legalizing

but.. this is propably the 1st thing he's actually stood up and let his position be known on. The guy's a spineless dramatic flea and doesn't seem to have an opinion on anything just a lot of dramatic flair. If this is what get him into office, we're in serious trouble as a country.

Just from this side of the border? The war on pot has worked about as well as prohibition did, and if our government was so concerned about our safety? Why are Tobacco and Alcohol still legal?

Some here call it a gateway drug? Perhaps because they saw Reefer Madness and knew the government lied? So they try other things to find out what else they lied about?

I don't use it myself anymore, but did in the past, they should spend the time, money, and manpower to get rid of the really dangerous drugs out there?

Here some states are looking at what a cash cow it has become for other states and rethinking their plans.

I don't smoke it myself; however, I do support legalization.

I know some otherwise law abiding citizens who hold steady jobs or run businesses who do smoke pot. I don't think they should have criminal records just because they smoke a joint one in awhile.

That is still not enough to get me to vote for Trudeau though.

I see hemp products all the time in stores and BTW I support the legalization of marijuana, actually lived a block or 2 east of Rochdale College while attending U of T 69 to 74, Yorkville was a couple of blocks the other direction, not the high end yuppie shops in those days, everyone did it then.

I wouldn't trust that guy at all. He's the biggest fraud of them all IMO. This country would go downhill fast with him running the show. Scary!

Cheers

Like Harper has done such a fantastic job. The country couldn't be in worse shape. Wait and see.