Trudeau says he will legalize cannabis if elected this fall.

fish_fishburn

considering where Harper has gotten us, I'm game to give JT a chnce to sit in the daddy chair. Don't forget that he'll probably surround himself with smarter minds. Harper promised accountability and transparency and has done the total opposite and beyond. Science ? Experimental Lakes Area ? Mission creep in Iraq ?

To get back on topic, decriminalize the bud and and make some money taxing it. As long as they allow people to grow a few plants for personal use, what's the problem ?

Jean cretien promised to legalize it when he had a majority government, and yet it is still illegal. I could see Harper legalizing it for economic reasons, but not because of another promise from a liberal.

Trying to steal support from the Green party won't help justin either lol

Jean cretien promised to legalize it when he had a majority government, and yet it is still illegal. I could see Harper legalizing it for economic reasons, but not because of another promise from a liberal.

Trying to steal support from the Green party won't help justin either lol

Hashing up some old politics...

The two problems with Justin Trudeau are that (1) he's a liberal, and (2) he's a moron. Unless you really want to lose your house and life savings, pray to God this is the high point in his political career.

Lose your house and life savings??? Hahaha ok there Craig. God doesn't vote from what I hear.

Fact: This ridiculous War On Drugs has caused more misery, suffering, and death, than the drugs themselves ever have. End it, and we all win. No different than prohibition. And when was the last time we heard of a gang killing over alcohol distribution rights? Oh, not since prohibition ended.

I was gonna drive to the store to get some, but im glued to the couch.

I tried a piece of special brownie once, and yup, I was glued to the couch for about 4 hours. That was scary. But on the other hand, I do believe it has some effects for people that can't get help with other health products.

I tried a piece of special brownie once, and yup, I was glued to the couch for about 4 hours. That was scary. But on the other hand, I do believe it has some effects for people that can't get help with other health products.

Lol I was just joking as im not a smoker. About 15 years ago though I used to occasionally smoke hash. No chance of moving at all.

I too believe alot of people can benfit from marijuana use. Definitely safer then alot of pharms.

I did smoke it occasionally years ago, haven't bothered for a long time now but I don't see anything wrong with it. I have a few friends that don't drink but enjoy a social smoke. I think it should be leagalized but I won't vote for JT no matter what.

Edited by Big Cliff

I think he could get by with a couple of Mr. Potato head dolls to be honest. Let's not involve a noble creature like the Golden Retriever. I don't disagree with legalizing, although I can't stand potheads. I've never needed booze or drugs to alter my reality, and I don't get the draw. But if someone wants to cloud their perceptions, fill yer boots as far as I'm concerned. But if that grandstander is elected on the lets legalize pot platform, we are in huge trouble as a nation! Trouble is for that to happen the potheads would have to crawl out of their cloud of smoke, or yank their heads out of the Doritos bag and make it down to a polling station. I am genuinely curious if that will happen.

Edited by porkpie

But if that grandstander is elected on the lets legalize pot platform, we are in huge trouble as a nation!

I agree with this. I guess the pothead vote is an important demographic haha.

Still I'd rather see someone voted in for goofy reasons than for fear mongering.

It's crazy that pot hasn't been legalized years ago; look at all the tax revenue that has been lost to the dealers. Or the jobs it would create during the growing, processing and marketing of it.

Another thing are the people like my sister in law; during her fight with cancer. she wouldn't have had to sneak around to get the stuff that helped her the most with her pain.

Dan.

I think we need to be careful who we label as potheads. You'd be surprised to find that quite a few are white collars and not just characters from Dazed and Confused ;)

Most of the users I know, use it to relax (not unlike alcohol) and it's a social thing, passing the clip around. and people don't become belligerent pieholes after a few tokes. Unlike drunks and beer.

hey does anyone else here that has or still does it feel guilty by the fact that they are donating to organized crime. It crosses my mind thats for sure.

Im pretty sure the vast majority of opponents to legalization are actually dealers and the gangs themselves

Edited by AKRISONER