Superstition

LostAnotherOne

The fishing hook hat pin. Whenever I wear that I clean up. My joke is all I would need is that and a shoestring and I could survive on an island for years.

It'll sound corny but my girlfriend is good luck too. I do well when she comes out, of course she always does better.

I also have the hat hook, shirt in the summer, hoody in the winter and if i'm fishing alone i kiss the first fish i catch, if i'm with somebody i take a picture with my "fish byte"

new rod can never ever be paired with a new reel, new reel goes on an old rod, and old reel goes on a new rod, the older one has to teach the new one how to catch fish.

i have only paired a new reel on a new rod once, and it took a year to catch a fish on that setup, took it up to my dads cottage, drifting over weed beds, using the exact same setup, same baits, same colours, same depth, in the same boat i was the only one who didn't catch a fish,every one else got their limit!

Try to be over water before actually starting to fish.

Try to stay over water while trying to catch fish.

Stop trying to catch fish once not over water.

You CAN catch stuff in launch ramps and parking lots, but generally these things are not fish.

HTH

Oh oh I almost forgot, the less gear you bring, the bigger this fish.

When I was about 12 I caught my PB Walleye. A beautiful 26 incher on my first cast. We had no net, pliars or camera and had to imediatly drive back to the dock to release it.

My biggest pike came when i was fishing solo and i hade an iphone but no way to take a pic in time to safely release the fish.

Great memories but man I wanted a pic of that beast!

47" and the best bite ive ever experienced, and it was an epic fight as I landed it from shore.

Never had a fish fight like that outside of sturgeon

47" manitoubass. I caught probably over 200 pike in my life with my biggest 32". Well done dude.

Ive caught alot in the 38-42"

So yeah thats kinda my favorite catch. Id love to get bigger but im not even sure its possible where i live.

My favorite catch by far.

Its hot as hell and im shore fishing bass. Doing well too.

I look to my right and there is this shallow sand area. I think I bet a big pike is sunning right there. I put on a jig head and a berkely ripple shad.

One cast, its like i casted directly into his mouth. As soon as the bait hit the water i set the hook.

That fish took 5 or 6 good runs and I was kinda in shock. Only muskies ive caught here are in the 20-24" range but i though for sure it was a musky.

I had to get in the water to land it and I was sketched right out. Handling a fish like that solo, in the water is gnarly.

I gotter unhooked without harm. Held her up in awe. What a beauty!

Took a minute or so to get her to swim off but she did.

That, to this date, is my most memorable catch

Always wash my hands in the rubble/mud/sand of the water I'm going to fish that day.

Always step on the fly in shallow water that is freshly tied on for steelhead.

Always bring an extra outfit.

Always try something totally different at the end of the day.

Oh oh I almost forgot, the less gear you bring, the bigger this fish.

When I was about 12 I caught my PB Walleye. A beautiful 26 incher on my first cast. We had no net, pliars or camera and had to imediatly drive back to the dock to release it.

I can vouch for that, loast summer Jeremy and I were fishing and i hooked into a fairly large bass, got it right up to the boat only to realize the gear that neither of us brought/ grabed from our campsite was the net.

Catching a fish on the first cast is a bad omen.. Always screws up the rest of my day (Unless I'm steelheading)

Opening day for musky in 2001 I got a musky on the 1st cast and boated 9 in the next 2 1/2 hours.

Doesn't always work out that well though. :lol: