Military Shooting in Ottawa

Fisherman

Not ignorant at all. Women wanting to wear nambiqs( sp?) for id pictures, not removing them for court dates etc... I am for freedom of religion, but they left their country for Canada In Hopes of a better life and yet you won't abide by our customs... Christ we can no longer even say merry Christmas anymore. In our own country! I say if you move here you adapt here. I come from an immigrant family, and that's exactly what we did!

This nonsense has to end , Quebec is taking a step in the right direction.

G

X2

My in-laws, who were from a long line of British families; moved to Canada back in the mid 60's. They have a very strong commonwealth Anglo ideals; God & Country. Back in the 80's they had the opportunity to go to the United Emirates and teach in Dubai at the "Men’s Collage of Higher Learning" in other words the country’s university. Dudai being one of the most westernized of the Emirates, still have very strict Muslim way of conduct in their country. You abided too their customs or you were either thrown in jail or very abruptly brought to the airport and told to pick a destination.

The point being if people, like my in-laws decide to move/work in a different country, you had better be ready to adapt to that way of life. It was a shock for them when they went their; but they knew to either work with what was there or leave. What happened to us here; we allow people to come here and dictate how we should live; what we’re allowed to openly worship or say in public. We need to take a few lessons in the way that Islamic countries treat new arrivals in their country; do as we do or else suffer the consequences.

There's a few more words that needs to be added too all our signs at the boards.

Welcome to Canada

It’s our way or the highway!

Dan.

X2

My in-laws, who were from a long line of British families; moved to Canada back in the mid 60's. They have a very strong commonwealth Anglo ideals; God & Country. Back in the 80's they had the opportunity to go to the United Emirates and teach in Dubai at the "Men’s Collage of Higher Learning" in other words the country’s university. Dudai being one of the most westernized of the Emirates, still have very strict Muslim way of conduct in their country. You abided too their customs or you were either thrown in jail or very abruptly brought to the airport and told to pick a destination.

The point being if people, like my in-laws decide to move/work in a different country, you had better be ready to adapt to that way of life. It was a shock for them when they went their; but they knew to either work with what was there or leave. What happened to us here; we allow people to come here and dictate how we should live; what we’re allowed to openly worship or say in public. We need to take a few lessons in the way that Islamic countries treat new arrivals in their country; do as we do or else suffer the consequences.

There's a few more words that needs to be added too all our signs at the boards.

Welcome to Canada

It’s our way or the highway!

Dan.

Ahhhhhhh....Dubai.....land of the Free.......

The RCMP even knew of this idiot and again he was a extremist Islam convert !!!!!! And apparently there are around 90 of them in this country that the RCMP knows about and do keep tabs on them just like the guy who ran down those soldiers the other day !!!!! They have even stopped them and questioned him a few months ago !!!!! So if the cops know of them and knew they were extremists ..... And continued to let them walk around freely this is very wrong

Anyone who joins a terrorist group and converts their insane religious views and tries to even fight for that cause here or abroad should be shot as that's treason !!!! And again the RCMP lets them back into the country !!!!! And supposedly they seen all his Facebook posts and eveything and still let him freely continue to do his thing !!!! Oh man it's so upsetting ...... This is just the tip of the iceberg ...... Radical religious extremism and converting your life to it and Islam. !!!!!! Should be the firing squad

Oh ya and the shooter also had an active ISIS TWITTER ACCOUNT and they the RCMP knew about this !!!! Like what the hell !!!!!!! Our lives as Canadians has forever been changed did anyone else see harpers live broadcast last night he said it awesome !!!!! How does Trudeau feel today .??? Wonder is he is still feeling sorry for them

The RCMP even knew of this idiot and again he was a extremist Islam convert !!!!!! And apparently there are around 90 of them in this country that the RCMP knows about and do keep tabs on them just like the guy who ran down those soldiers the other day !!!!! They have even stopped them and questioned him a few months ago !!!!! So if the cops know of them and knew they were extremists ..... And continued to let them walk around freely this is very wrong

I hate to play devils advocate on a subject like this, but if the guy hasn't done anything wrong you can't just lock him up without reason. There are a lot of crazy people in this country.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Vigilance and information are the keys to defeating this cancer. A strong law enforcement aimed directly at these lunatics is a must. Mistakes will be made in combating this threat. It has been here for a very long time but we choose to look the other way. It was always 'over there' now it's here.

Report what you see and what you hear to CSIS.

Muddler

That's ignorant - costumes? Really?

Wow, "Ignorant" for a spelling mistake (and you couldn't even copy it correctly) that is a bit extreme perhaps some might even say radical! And you have the audacity to call me ignorant?

I do believe we have been far too tolerant of others customs and costumes!

Just a few examples:

We have changed our laws so that Sikhs can wear their turbans in the RCMP, they don’t have to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle and they are allowed to wear their Kirpan in most public places in Canada.

How many changes or concessions have we made to Canadian customs or laws to accommodate the wearing of the burka or hijab? The list is long.

We have removed our Christian religious symbols, from most public places because they might offend someone, a Christmas tree for Christ sake; if it offends you go back to where ever you came from. Christianity is the foundation that this country and our values were built on. We are supposed to be tolerant of others but they don’t need to be tolerant of us?

As for a solution to the problem we face today:

Well, first of all when he wanted to leave Canada and go fight with ISIS, they should have let him go, in fact the remaining 90 or so that are still within Canada should be put on a plane and sent over there. That is when their passports should have been seized so that once out of Canada they would have no way to get back into the country.

You want to go and fight a religious war by all means go and fight like a man! Don’t hide here in Canada like a coward and think that because you can kill someone who is unarmed and protecting your rights and freedoms you are some kind of a hero.

I think we need to be careful to paint other customs and beliefs with one colour. I am a visible minority and have fully integrated into Canadian society and our ways. I like to think I'm a benefit to this country. But I know my grandparents and great grandparents who immigrated here from Japan lived the only way they knew. Following and practising their Japanese customs and beliefs. Because they were "different" they were interned during WWII. They were painted with one brush stroke as enemies because they "looked" like them. They were in fact Canadian citizens.

Anyhow...this has been a terrible tragedy no matter who did it and what beliefs the shooter had. What's important now is how we respond. We are strong. We won't let this make us cower in fear. I am proud to be Canadian and I am proud of how everyone responded to what happened yesterday.

Here's an excerpt from the CBC website -

"We luckily don't live in an authoritarian regime with a government that can monitor all our actions and movements and communications. It needs to have good grounds to interfere in individual lives. So that means every now and then, somebody, somewhere, somehow may slip through the cracks."

Unfortunately some of the things that people like most about our country also leaves us wide open for things like this to happen. And with a population of 35 million there is bound to be some wackjobs out there. It's almost impossible to prevent something like this from happening, sad but true.

Wow, "Ignorant" for a spelling mistake (and you couldn't even copy it correctly) that is a bit extreme perhaps some might even say radical! And you have the audacity to call me ignorant?

I do believe we have been far too tolerant of others customs and costumes!

Just a few examples:

We have changed our laws so that Sikhs can wear their turbans in the RCMP, they don’t have to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle and they are allowed to wear their Kirpan in most public places in Canada.

How many changes or concessions have we made to Canadian customs or laws to accommodate the wearing of the burka or hijab? The list is long.

We have removed our Christian religious symbols, from most public places because they might offend someone, a Christmas tree for Christ sake; if it offends you go back to where ever you came from. Christianity is the foundation that this country and our values were built on. We are supposed to be tolerant of others but they don’t need to be tolerant of us?

As for a solution to the problem we face today:

Well, first of all when he wanted to leave Canada and go fight with ISIS, they should have let him go, in fact the remaining 90 or so that are still within Canada should be put on a plane and sent over there. That is when their passports should have been seized so that once out of Canada they would have no way to get back into the country.

You want to go and fight a religious war by all means go and fight like a man! Don’t hide here in Canada like a coward and think that because you can kill someone who is unarmed and protecting your rights and freedoms you are some kind of a hero.

So a policeman wears a turban…SO WHAT!

I am proud to be Canadian exactly because of that!!!!!!!!!

Proud of the Canadian tradition of freedom and tolerance.

All I can do is bite my tongue, and pray for the friends and family of the soldier that was killed. If I had it my way, these problems would suddenly disappear. POOF.....gone. The bleeding heart mentality in this country is going to take us all down. Its about time we stand up for ourselves.

S.

I'm finding the more I read about this Abdul Zehaf Bibeau the more I am reminded of the terrorist actions of another Islamic Fundamentalist Gamil Gharbi and his terrorist spree in Montreal almost 25 years ago. Glad today we have the freedom of the internet internet and the Liberal but- kissing media can't sensor the facts in their newspapers so the Liberals can push their aggendas.

Hats off to Kevin Vickers, I had always assumed the Sargeant at Arms was a honorary position with the mace , the robes and other accesories of the title, but the man is a true hero :worthy:

Mister G, heavily armed police armed with M4s as well as their sidearm are now visible in many urban centres around the US. We in Canada are not accustomed to seeing heavily armed police in paramilitary garb on a regular basis. We see it on TV but not day to day. Unfortunately, this has changed our society.

bigbuck, having traveled in the US and other countries I have yet to witness what you said here. Can you please submit some links or other proof.

Has anyone else seen what bigbuck has described because I know many others here have traveled in the US, some may even go south for the winter (I hope to someday) and wait out the winter.

All I can do is bite my tongue, and pray for the friends and family of the soldier that was killed. If I had it my way, these problems would suddenly disappear. POOF.....gone. The bleeding heart mentality in this country is going to take us all down. Its about time we stand up for ourselves.

S.

YES I AGREE 1,000,000 %

S.

x2.

Remember today you are safe to wear a turnban, kirpan, burka or hijab and feel safe but not your military uniform. That just doesn't sit right with me personally.