Military Shooting in Ottawa

Fisherman

Unfortunately, the Bull going on in the Middle East is finally showing itself here. The nutbar in Quebec running down a couple soldiers, now this.... if it is indeed connected somehow, we as Canadians just witnessed the end of our normal peaceful life here at home. In the US, every time you travel you remember 911 with all the security and heavily armed police everywhere. I for one do not want to see a police officer on every corner armed with a C8 or sub machine gun. I hope that is not the road that we are going to travel down now.

Heavy armed police everywhere. Can you explain that because from my experience that is the furthest from the truth.

Killing an unarmed soldier in cold blood. Cowardly and Brutal. So sad.

How exactly does a guy with a rifle dressed in black get into the Parliament Buildings

Mr Vicker apparently took him out.

I hear he is also head of security there.

Edited by captpierre

For too many years we have been tollerant of other peoples customes and religions, I think that things like this are going to be the beginning of the pendulam starting to swing the other way! Unfortunatly a lot of decent people are going to suffer because of a few idiots but how are we supposed to know the good from the bad?

but where does this fella go? he was born in Canada and was a Canadian citizen.

there is not an easy answer to this.

This is what people are failing to realize. He wasn't fresh off the boat like some are assuming. He was as Canadian as you or I.

Edited by BillM

For too many years we have been tollerant of other peoples customes and religions, I think that things like this are going to be the beginning of the pendulam starting to swing the other way! Unfortunatly a lot of decent people are going to suffer because of a few idiots but how are we supposed to know the good from the bad?

Cliff, today times have changes drastically, let's look at who we take into the freedom we appreciate in Canada.

This is what people are failing to realize. He wasn't fresh off the boat like some are assuming. He was as Canadian as you or I.

Ya this guy (today) was a french-canadian from Quebec.The apparent 'terrorst' shooting in Quebec the other day was a french-canadian as well.

These murderers are life long Canadian citizens that recently converted to Islam (last few months) to find an excuse to shoot a gun at others because they were disgruntled losers. Bet those losers didn't get out and enjoy the stellar fishing around Montreal-Ottawa area.

This is sad for everyone. Some of my friends are Muslim and i am sad for how they will be mistreated because of this.

Edited by ehg

Time to take the stance that Australia has taken..You live here you live by our ways and rules or its time to go away..

Right with you BC, when you have Canadian born citizens taking on middle east names that would raise alarms, and from a post below, if you live in our country, and want the benefits that certain individuals get, certainly not the ones born and raised here, you live by our ways, or you get the hell out The Aussies have it right Its time to take back our country and the freedom we enjoy, that our veterans fought for, and many sacrificed their lives for. When you have leaders telling soldiers not to wear their military uniforms, which they wear proudly, when not working, in their own country because they might be targeted that is Bull crap,

is there a specific reason for that? my guess would be a symbolism of a free country???? but really, if we have military protecting a monument, that gun should be loaded, IMO. a military man with zero chance, I fail to see the rational in that

His posting there was ceremonial. So I can understand why he didn't have a loaded weapon.

Edited by BillM

That's ignorant - costumes? Really?

Not ignorant at all. Women wanting to wear nambiqs( sp?) for id pictures, not removing them for court dates etc... I am for freedom of religion, but they left their country for Canada In Hopes of a better life and yet you won't abide by our customs... Christ we can no longer even say merry Christmas anymore. In our own country! I say if you move here you adapt here. I come from an immigrant family, and that's exactly what we did!

This nonsense has to end , Quebec is taking a step in the right direction.

G

Not ignorant at all. Women wanting to wear nambiqs( sp?) for id pictures, not removing them for court dates etc... I am for freedom of religion, but they left their country for Canada In Hopes of a better life and yet you won't abide by our customs... Christ we can no longer even say merry Christmas anymore. In our own country! I say if you move here you adapt here. I come from an immigrant family, and that's exactly what we did!

This nonsense has to end , Quebec is taking a step in the right direction.

G

Thats just not true......MERRY CHRISTMAS....MERRY CHRISTMAS....MERRY CHRISTMAS.