Military Shooting in Ottawa

Fisherman

manitoubass2 The US is protecting the Canadian consulates in Washington and New York, that and the nature of threats levied is why the White House is talking about it

oh I see. This situation sounds like it may escelate. Two people still remain at large???where there previous threats against canada/us? Edited by manitoubass2

Do you guys think the level of response is enough? I have a feeling like if this was in the US that planes would be grounded etc... I wonder what sort of information is out there? Hopefully this is not the prelude to something larger.

Norad is on high alert and have planes in the air according to Peter Mansbirdge

For some reason I can't quote/reply.

mantiuobass2 I can only repeat what the media has said and that was US Intelligence had intercepted a threat from an outside source levied against your fine country and reported it.

Too many crazies out there to speculate at this time exactly where the threats are coming from.

EDIT ADD: I hope who ever is responsible pay dearly

Edited by Whopper

Do you guys think the level of response is enough? I have a feeling like if this was in the US that planes would be grounded etc... I wonder what sort of information is out there? Hopefully this is not the prelude to something larger.

They didn't ground planes in Boston.. I dunno why they'd do it for something like this. Look at the guy who hopped the fence at the Whitehouse and made it in... So much for security, lol.

Unfortunately, the Bull going on in the Middle East is finally showing itself here. The nutbar in Quebec running down a couple soldiers, now this.... if it is indeed connected somehow, we as Canadians just witnessed the end of our normal peaceful life here at home. In the US, every time you travel you remember 911 with all the security and heavily armed police everywhere. I for one do not want to see a police officer on every corner armed with a C8 or sub machine gun. I hope that is not the road that we are going to travel down now.

The only thing that is surprising to me is that it took this long. Doesnt matter whether it is borne out of religious ideology or not it is evil and has finally reared its ugly head. Placing blame will be the way of the fool. Wonder how and how much things will change from now on. Oh Canada how we better pull our self absorbed heads out of our asses and stand on guard for thee. Very sad and interesting indeed.

Edited by moxie

Today is a sad day for Canada and for me personally. I sit here rembering why my parents came here; for a better life 60 years ago!

I took a day off work to help my wife help her with dental surgery, not good, but how many can say that in Canada it's available! Good hard working people! I also follow Wayne's tread another true Canadian with a struggle to overcome!

Hopefully this is an isolated case and it goes away but it won't.

I have not served in any military capacity, but have a son in law who has.

Lets's take our country back, after this investigation is complte and not make assumptions on who do it yet.