Great morning with my Son!

NAW

I don't think I can really count this morning as a skunk. Alex was my Alarm clock this morning. We didn't hit the banks till after 9. And we only got to fish for 30 minutes before the rain.

Between Alex throwing his rod in the water a few times, searching for sticks to throw, and nearly going in himself once.... I only got about a dozen casts...

Still a great time!!!

image_zps22f74b71.jpg

image_zps02cf54e6.jpg

He konked out for a bit.

image_zps2d8a34e8.jpg

When he woke up, we all headed in to town for the Maple Syrup festival. We dropped $50 and got our syrup for the year.!!! From a bush just around the corner from our house.

image_zps0f01a7fb.jpg

Alex found a car he really liked! 2014 Stingray! The boy better get a part time job soon!

image_zps07d7fa19.jpg

image_zpsc3b3faa3.jpg

It's our first time trying syrup from this bush. I'm sure we will love it.

image_zps56dae181.jpg

Finished the day off with a big Pretzel!

image_zpsbaa0a4e2.jpg

Great day with the boy. Can't wait till next year!

Here's a few shots from last years opener, so see how much this rascal has grown!!!

IMG_0072_zpsa2381bdf.jpg

IMG_0073_zps36624c13.jpg

IMG_0039_zpsf633d9ed.jpg

IMG_0030_zpsf76ea3ac.jpg

Edited by N.A.W

Wish I was able to get out for a few hours today with my boy Liam, but between him wanting to go out on his Christmas present ( ATV) and his favorite team in the playoffs (Boston) and all the rain in between it was a no go.... I am planning on getting out tomorrow with morning him.

Some great pictures you got there... Memories for sure! Be sure not to lose them come his wedding night!

G

Edited by Gerritt

Nick, you are blessed. Enjoy it, in 10 or so years he might not want to be seen in public with you, I doubt it though. There is one pic of the tyke where the light catches his nose just right and well,,,,,, no DNA testing to prove he's yours that's for sure.

My father did some imprinting with us when I was his age, he would take my brother and me to the hotel, he did leave the windows cracked opened a bit. At least when we visited Noni in Buffalo and the Uncles went bar hopping we were allowed inside for a Birch Beer. Ahh the good old days.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I hit sap fest this morning with my daughter. Greenlaws/McLarens make great syrup, I always purchased their product prior to doing my own. It was a good crowd despite the showers and cool temps.

We bought Lalonde's last year and really liked it. Tried the Greenlaw's yesterday morning on french toast. Excellent!! They also said I could take Alex skating on their outdoor rink next winter!

Seem like great people.

Wish I was able to get out for a few hours today with my boy Liam, but between him wanting to go out on his Christmas present ( ATV) and his favorite team in the playoffs (Boston) and all the rain in between it was a no go.... I am planning on getting out tomorrow with morning him.

Some great pictures you got there... Memories for sure! Be sure not to lose them come his wedding night!

G

Lets see.. Fishing in the cold spring rain.... Or ripping on a new quad!!! Easy call, I'd take the quad to. How's Mom like the quad!!

I've got a 5 month old, cant wait to start fishing with him! nice pictures

Alex was 8 months last year, and 20 months this year. I'm sure by next year he will be able to cast, and reel. I hope...

you have the beginning of an awesome family tradition ...if we are placing bets....ill say he will be 8 years old when he lands his first (by himself) on opener weekend

2 years in a row. Plan on doing it ever year. I actual stopped turkey hunting so that I could spend more time with him. I hope to get him out with Ryan's boy.. He will show him hows it's done!!

Nick, you are blessed. Enjoy it, in 10 or so years he might not want to be seen in public with you, I doubt it though. There is one pic of the tyke where the light catches his nose just right and well,,,,,, no DNA testing to prove he's yours that's for sure.

I'l start Turkey hunting again once that phase kicks in! As for the nose.... It looks more like our mail man's than mine!! But I'm OK with that.. This nose got me beat up a lot when I was kid, until I started martial arts training....

Thanks for replies guys!

I'm glad you all enjoy this pics!

I agree, there's nothing better than some time on the water with family.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

One day Alex will be a OFC member, and be posting his own reports!!