Do you hafta work Christmas ??

lew

my wife is a nurse, so she has to work one or the other

but she got screwed this year

she was told she had xmas off but had to work newyears

when the schedule came out she has to work till 6am on xmas morning..they say it counts as the 24th not the 25th....so this year she works both

Not here I have not worked either in 17-20 years. In my teen years I would work Christmas if needed so others with little kids could have it off. I have not and will not miss a Christmas with my kids New Years well it does not matter near as much it's just another day. We always do stuff as a family but I would rather miss it then Christmas

Haven't had to work Xmas or new years since I left the farm; Dad always had something for us to work on. Been working as a mechanic for the last 37 years; 31 of them in my own garage. We're closed as of noon on the 24th and back in on Monday the 30th. Closed again at noon on the 31st and back in on the 2nd. Taking the Friday (27th) off to let my techs have a 5 day holiday. Hopefully they don't eat and drink to much and come back refreshed; because I'm going to eat and drink way to much. LOL

It's good to be the boss; sometimes.

Dan.

W...w...work? What's this work thing you speak of? :D

A few years of working my arse off and being mortgage free has allowed me to work the equivalent of 4 months in the last 2 years while living comfortably and fishing or hunting whenever I'd like. I feel for you guys who are forced to work during the holidays.

For those who are suppose to work, I say call in sick for the next two weeks! :D :D :D

Time with family and friends > working