Just sitting here in quiet silence,remembering Mom

mercman

I lost my Mom about an hour ago. Well actually, i lost her in June when Dimentia began creeping between us.

It crept into her mind quietly, but very very quickly.Robbing her of her of her memory, and ability to do what most of us take for granted.Think.

Last Christmas she was weak, but still sharp as a tack, February we notice that she got confused easily,April she began forgeting things she did and said hours before, June she couldnt take care of herself.The Docs began to play with her Meds,trying to find the right combination to slow down her rapid deterioration, but were unable to do anything.She became chair bound and spent the next 4 months waiting for a long term care facility.Finally, last week she was transfered to her new home. She passed tonite quietly from an aparent heart attack.

So now i find myself parentless, and feeling kinda lost. When Dad passed, there was always Mom. Now they will both live forever in my memories. In Loving memory

Emma Elsie Brule

Douglas Robert White

I love you both dearly.Rest easy.

Your kids

Paul Douglas White

Brian Robert White

Janice Marlene White

I am ever so sorry for your loss. When we lose someone close to ourselves we lose a part of ourselves as well. Cherish all that was beautiful in your mother. Remember the love she had for you. That is thr greatest tribute you can give to her memory.

Sorry to hear this Paul and know the gut wrench well.

The good of it is she's now in a better place than living the evil hell of dimentia. Reflect on the days pre Christmas last year and find some smiles in there. I'm sure, as you give it some thought, it'll be easy to find more than a few! :)

My sincere condolences Paul. Losing the second parent can be one of the toughest things anyone will ever experience. You're going to see her in your dreams now and then and as someone told me, this is her way of checking up on you and to let you know that she's ok and not to worry.

Edited by woodenboater

Very sorry to hear that Paul, my condolances to you and your family.

It shocks me how fast the dementia took hold from your description of events. Very sad indeed and I hope to never have to deal with that in my lifetime.

Keep strong bud!!!

I just woke from a dream i was having of my long passed grandparents and differant uncles and aunts and brothers and sisters of mine , how strange of me to dream this tonight , they were all around me waving their hands and smiling at me , i awoke with my arm in the air waving back and found my self crying for real . After a bit i was wide a wake so i got up and came and turn the computer on and found this your posting of the lost of your mom tonight . I am realy sorry for your lost Paul and that your moms time here on earth with you is over . All i can say now to you Paul is to watch for her wave my freind , she wont be far away and that she will now truly get to rest with peace . The times you's shared together will heal your lost in the days ahead as you journey ever closer to where we all will meet again , til then remember we your freinds will be walking with you . My hand go's out to you your brother and your sister on this night .