I Love My Neighbour

solopaddler

nice!! im that neighbour here.. i love to clear now usually but thoe drift were brutal.. packed solid! we have a snowblower in the shed that hasnt run in 3 years..good thng for the 18 yr old in our house :clapping: ...

Edited by tb4me

I'm the pretty good neighbour too. I do the sidewalk for about 4-5 houses on either side of me. I don't do the driveways though, if someone wants to use my snowblower, no problem. I'll be out later cleaning the windrows after the plow comes by for a few of the neighbours.

My neighbour is an older gentlemen (probably 70-75 years old) when he first moved in he came over with a $50 bill and asked if I minded taking care of his driveway for the winter. I told him to keep the $50 and that I'd be glad to. So now he's smartened up and buys me $50 gift certificates to the LCBO every year, lol. Those are hard to say no to :)

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

and after a real long shift no less... :thumbsup_anim:

i have a lot of older italian gents in my neighborhood so i don't get much help, but it is amusing to see them have their driveway perfectly scraped to concrete at all times. some of these old retired guys are so vigilant, i wonder if they catch the snowflakes before they even hit the drive way. the same guys water their driveways all summer to ensure no dirt/dust is ever present...

i have a lot of older italian gents in my neighborhood so i don't get much help, but it is amusing to see them have their driveway perfectly scraped to concrete at all times. some of these old retired guys are so vigilant, i wonder if they catch the snowflakes before they even hit the drive way. the same guys water their driveways all summer to ensure no dirt/dust is ever present...

You just described me. :D

Pretty much every one of my neighbours is Italian too, they're fantastic. :thumbsup_anim:

Do you live on my street? I have two guys (italian) in their 70s that practically wash theirs. I seen one guy when I moved in wash his driveway after a rain storm.

Hey my neighbour is out there helping my 15 year old son do our drive and sidewalk after she finished doing her own.

Sadly though her own 15 year old son is sleeping while his Mom does all the work..... whistling.gif

Oh and how is Zoey liking all this snow Mike?

I live in the "little italy" of toronto and have a lot of elder neighbours... I help a lot out with the shoveling but my neighbour directly next door to me must be 80+ and will not let me touch his walkway. He says it's his only excuse to get away from his wife and her mouth hahaha. All year his walkway is the cleanest on the block all the way to the alleyway in the back. Also nice to have someone to dish some steelhead fillets too time to time!

Edited by JoshS

well, I guess I'm that guy too. I have 2 houses beside me with retired people in them so I fire up the snowblower and do them and mine. as well as the sidewalk on the other side as my wife needs to use it to take the kids' from her homedaycare (and my kids') to school and back.

Oh and how is Zoey liking all this snow Mike?

She loves the snow but she's been regressing the last 3 days. My mother's been holding down the fort while I'm at work this week and she's been giving Zoey free rein of the house. :lol:

There's been a number of "accidents" since Monday.

Ah well, back to hardcore crate training.

(Counting the hours 'till Joanne gets home on Sunday :) )

She loves the snow but she's been regressing the last 3 days. My mother's been holding down the fort while I'm at work this week and she's been giving Zoey free rein of the house. laugh.gif

There's been a number of "accidents" since Monday.

Ah well, back to hardcore crate training.

(Counting the hours 'till Joanne gets home on Sunday smile.gif )

Sounds like your typical Mom, spoil the Grandkids, spoil the dog. ;)

Got the same neighborhood situation goin on here as well. When the snow flies.......everyones out helping everyone clear out. We havent had any bad apple neighbors for as long as i can remember. Not just snow either........if someone gets a chord of wood dumped in the the driveway, ill be there to help stack it. If someones doin a roof, ya see neighbors stoppin over to swing a hammer. Hear a chainsaw stallin out across the street, ill go get mine out of the garage and bring it over.

Its amazing how society as a whole gets painted with that "Me first" brush when really i witness alot different than that on alot of occasions.

Think the closer ya get to the city life the more accurate that may be. I actually do hear of some horror stories from time to time.

Case in point, i know someone who was painting their house a couple years back and thier neighbor didnt like the color ("they had to look at it too") So the lady kept spraying the house with the hose while the paint was wet to ruin the paint. Of course she was doing it by accident while watering her shrubs. Police had to be brought in to let the paint dry lol. I couldnt even imagine having to live next to that.

I just came in awhile ago after spending nearly 3 hours with the snowblower cleaning up my place plus three of the neighbors drives too.

The plow hasn't come by yet so once I finished all the driveways I cleaned off 500' off the dirt road too. It's only about 12' wide but no sense leaving the snow there for the plow dood to fill in all the driveways again.

I luv working outside and a day like this is a good excuse to get out there and help a few folks.

Course now, I'm looking out the window and it's snowing like crazy again :lol:

We're all just a bunch of generous winter lovin canucks here eh!

As soon as I'm done work, I'm gunna blow my driveway, and the elderly ladies beside me.

This is her second Ontario winter. Moved here from Kelowna BC. She tells me this year she's going to get me a bottle of wine from an Okanagan winery.. Sounds tasty. Didn't think you could get it in Ontario, but she says she's found a place in Barrie..

Edited by NAW

I'm now back from doing the base of 5 driveways now that the plow has gone by. another family was out doing a few by them too, just a few houses down. and I know I'll have to get out there again because it's still snowing like a bugger here.