Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Well Jen is on her final 24 hour stretch .. of her final week of chemo. Today marks the ONE HUNDREDTH and THIRD (103rd) day of chemo that she has endured since this all started (+ mulitple surgeries, radiation and such).

On Thursday, totally out of character, her Oncologoist apparently sat in the chair across from her bed and chatted about the "weather" with Jen and Leah for a good 1/2 hour. He's still in awe as to how she's doing it... but she is!

Home tomorrow... if Mother Nature will allow the travel.

Edited by irishfield

Wayne, I so glad to hear ... hopefully there will be some R&R for ya'all ... its been a long road for sure. Just drove down that way and the roads are all cleared up now.

So anyways ... I thought I'd share something you might get a giggle out of ... against all good guidance I tried to get up to the cottage on Tuesday ... vortex schmortex ... I gots snows ... alls good to Barrie ... but at the 400/Hwy 11 cut off I see a sign flashing "all lanes closed at Vasey Rd - in both directions" ... not having a clue where the heck Vasey Rd is I figured it must be some road off Hwy 11 ... and carry on northbound on the 400 ... got a little slippery (ok a lot slippery) ... but I trudged on ... almost to your place ... when I figured out that Vasey Rd is in fact Hwy 12 (just before waubaushene) ... basically did a U turn and after almost 6 hrs ... ended right back home .. wifey poured me a scotch - sweetheart that she is :)

Jen's Nurse, Kim, brought her in a cake on Friday to celebrate her final week of chemo. The same nurse that also brought her in a cake when she was being discharged after her pelvic surgery in July of 2012. 95% of her nursing staff have been a blessing at both Mount Sinai and St. Michaels... and it's so great to have a few that still enjoy both doing their desired vocation and being social while doing so. We definitely know we've been inside the walls of Mount Sinai way too long.. when the cleaning staff hugs you good bye!

We are home.. and home care made it up the laneway to give Jen her Neulasta needle. Two weeks of wait and watch and then back to some sense of normal for at least 4 weeks there after before her Feb 18th check up.

jencake.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys... not belated Buck... we actually used Family Day to it's fullest and had all our kids here at the house for a "pre birthday" party. Her actual birthday is next week.. and she' s having a "post birthday" party the following weekend with all her friends at a local establishment (even though she can't drink).

Oncology check up on Tuesday coming at Mt Sinai, and then the next brain / skull MRI is on the 10th of March at Sunnybrook.