Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Sending all the positive Karma you’re way :)

If Jen needs chocolate or vanilla flavoured Ensure/Boost, let me know…I asked my mom for 21 bottles at the beginning of my treatment…She got 17 cases instead.LOL

Sending all the positive Karma you’re way :)

If Jen needs chocolate or vanilla flavoured Ensure/Boost, let me know…I asked my mom for 21 bottles at the beginning of my treatment…She got 17 cases instead.LOL

hard to smile when reading updates about Jen here but Mike that 17 cases line sure worked!

Wayne, you know we're thinking about you guys and sending out as much love as we can to Jen!

Haven't posted much but have followed the updates on your daughters condition, Jen and your family are definately in our prayers. She looks like a fighter and with the support that your family and friends are giving her it definately helps in the fight. BELIEVE.

Thanks guys!!

And yah Ryan, Mike's "17 case dilemma" gave me a good laugh tooooo !! Think you need to drop by an nursing home with some of that Mike!! (Jen won't drink it, but thanks anyhow)

To help keep it interesting around here.. Leah has pneumonia and pleurisy just to add to the "fun"!

My God when will this stop?

I wish I had a magic wand so I could make all this go away but obviously I don't.

The best I can do Wayne is pray for Jen, Leah, you, & your family.

May God bless all of you.

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...

Just logged in to see how Jen was doing. Not what I was hoping to see. Prayers continue for Jen and your family Wayne.

She is an inspiration to all of us and people around the world!

You gotta be so proud of that spunky young lady!!

Keep your chin up!!

Thanks guys... so fitting that Roger chose today to check in and bump this to the top. Jen finished her Radiation, at Sunnybrook, today at 4pm. She's noticed that the forward skull bump has decreased in size since this started last Wednesday so a good sign we hope. She was squeezed in yesterday morning, at Mount Sinai, for CT's of the remainder of her body to check for any other spreading and we see her Oncologist again next Tuesday..... for what we suspect will be 8 months of weekly chemo regardless of what the scans show. :unsure:

Thanks for the thoughts guys... just back from the big smoke. Took 2 days more than I expected but Jen wanted to hit Edgefest with her VIP tickets last night, in the pouring rain, and a support group meeting at 6pm tonight at Charles and Yonge. At least I found street parking on Church and an Irish Pub on Isabella so that Leah and I could have supper while she was at her meeting for 2 hours.

Good news... as previously mentioned.. before we even got to her consult on Tuesday we already knew her forward skull tumour had reduced significantly from feel alone (even more over last weeks report) and hope that the other 3 spots have done the same from the radiation last week. The bad news... the CT's from last Monday morning show two new lesions on one of Jen's lungs.

She starts a new chemo next Wednesday. In on Wednesday morning for one chemo. Then back again the following Wednesday for that chemo plus another different chemo the same day. Back on the $2700/ needle anti infection medicine again after each chemo, so if she goes the full 8 months it will be over $60,000 worth of needles, in comparison to the $27,000 during her pelvic bone chemo. She's changing VISA cards this week to a higher "cash back" card to get the most out of that.

Still staying positive that she's going to kick this monster somehow... todays smiles came from seeing her physio gals (that took a shot and got her walking again) 3 day old baby!

jenandmaggy.jpg

Thanks folks... and she's even still smiling tonight after a 1/4 of her hair fell out, while getting her hair done for a "living with cancer" coffee table book photo shoot this morning.... and she knows since it fell out from Radiation it may not come back.

Edited by irishfield