Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Thanks folks... just noted myself that I started this thread 3 years ago this week and at the time figured we might be in and out of this within the year. No wonder I feel like I'm 95 years old 3+ years later, but Jen has mystified and baffled numerous Doctors, Surgeons and Oncologists with that fact that she's still going like the Eveready bunny. They'd given up a few times, through what now amounts to at least 13 tumours, but she's never said "uncle" so they had no right to quit on her. A good thing.. considering her original Oncologist came bounding down the 11th floor hall at noon today so happy to present her with her CT results. He had given up on her back in March.... but is fully back in the game again now with her latest response to chemotherapy and I think a big factor (in his attitude and her survival) is the fact that she's still smiling even after having her skull opened up twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the support... here's a couple of pictures of Jen on the Dock 104.1 morning show a few weeks ago announcing the launch of the "Hope Lives Here" coffee table book. The book launch is on Thursday night, in Midland, for anyone that has no where better to be.. tickets are $50 through the Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre and the books are $65 each.

This week on the medical side I had my buddy (and personal Doctor) come by the house on Wednesday afternoon to fill out some Insurance paperwork and a blood requisition for Jen, as it was suspected her hemoglobin would be too low to do Chemo come the 18th of November. As suspected she was only 74 (down from 88 a week ago Monday)! .. so Jen was in the local hospital today for 7 hours getting a couple bags of blood and has to be back on Monday for a third. MRI on her brain, skull and neck is booked at Sunnybrook for next Tuesday night at 10:10PM, of all times.

104thedocka.jpg

104thedockb.jpg

Edited by irishfield

We go day to day Bruce... can't plan further out than that anyhow! :) Keeping myself busy building Leah's ensuite bathroom, that's been nothing but a storage closet for 17+ years. My mind's not 100% into building someone an airplane right now.. so I'm putting it to use "on the ground". Cliff, I hear you and thanks.... that's coming from someone that is 20+ years past an L4 / L5 degenerative disc diagnosis with spina bifida to boot. I just keep working away 'til I can't stand up and complain about nothing anymore .... other than if I'm not getting enough! :D And Rob... you're right.. there is a never ending need and use for blood donations, so if you can.. do so!

So much strength and courage! And I complain if my back hurts, I might need to re-think some things.

You and me too Cliff...I see 3 different doctors in the upcoming week or so...Thinking of Jen helps me a lot...

"Hope Lives Here" book launch last night, for the Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre in Penetanguishene. One of, if not the only, non-government funded support centre in Ontario. The director first had an idea to do a calendar and that quickly became a book of stories and photographs taken by a local professional by the name of Kelly Moss.

Jen almost didn't make it, as she's been sick for 3 days but perked up in time to attend and socialize with the sold out crowd. Here's a picture of Jen with her portrait, that Kelly says is her favourite portrait that she's ever taken, and another family shot figuring we were all dressed up and together for a change.

hlh2.jpg

hlh1.jpg

Thanks Guys... and yah Phil I remember when I looked like the one on the left and it wasn't really that long ago. Seemed to have aged 3 fold in the last 4 or 5 years for some reason!

If anyone is interested in the Hope Lives Here book.. and to support the Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre, they can be ordered online from the following link..

https://gbcsc.akaraisin.com/common/Store/Store.aspx?seid=7761&mid=27

Edited by irishfield

2 more days to go on this full week of 24/7 chemo for Jen. Current plan is for 2 more full weeks of chemo.. on weeks starting Dec 8th and Jan 6th to put her lung spots in check hopefully.

Great news today, told that there is nothing new in her Brain / Skull MRI from last Tuesday! The original 4 tumour areas hit with radiation in July are currently deemed as "inactive"! :worthy:

Another shameless plug for book sales, to help the support centre continue to help survivors along.

On the news today and tonight at 11 if you want to watch it live on CTV2. The lady being interviewed, Jackie, is the Mother of the young girl that raised money for Jen to get new lift shoes and forearm crutches. In the interview.. there's a shot of our youngest shaving Jen's head and her portrait shot.

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/each-turn-of-the-page-is-story-of-inspiration-and-hope-1.1562213

• 2 weeks later...

Trip to Sunnybrook yesterday to see the Radiation Oncologist was an absolute waste of time !

...and that's the GREATEST news we've had in some time... back in 3 months for another MRI and to see him again.

Full week of chemo starting Monday next week and another full week in early January, then she gets to coast ....for a long time we can only hope!