Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Hey Roger! We just got home after a full day. Left at 5:45am to get Jen in for 8am blood work and then her 2nd chemo in as many weeks. This one two different IV drips. Didn't finish up until 5:30pm and just got in the door. Still in good spirits, but tired and run down. She has some plans for tomorrow, but after that we'll be on fever watch as her white's crash and the house will be off limits again to visitors and such.

Hope all is well with you down in Grimsby.

Edited by irishfield

For whats it worth Wayne...each and every keystroke you post in this thread is greatly appreciated...im in awe of your ability to keep your composure through out this roller coaster of emotions ...much respect to you and your family and I hope you all are taking time to care for yourselves when the opportunity presents itself...

Continuous positive vibes and thoughts sent to Jen

For whats it worth Wayne...each and every keystroke you post in this thread is greatly appreciated...im in awe of your ability to keep your composure through out this roller coaster of emotions ...much respect to you and your family and I hope you all are taking time to care for yourselves when the opportunity presents itself...

X100... well said Twocoda!

HH

That was perfectly put Dave.

As always,thoughts and prayer for the whole family Wayne.

YEP - we love u guys

Thanks Dave and all you other "cheerleaders". As for composure... have your ever watched a duck CLOSELY. B)

Fever watch is running later into the week than her last chemo types. Yesterday morning... 38.1c.. only 0.1 away from a trip to emerg and admittance. Fortunately she came back down to around 37.5 and has stayed there since... so that is great but she's not out of the woods just yet. Generally at least a 3 day cycle.. time will tell.

So looks like heading North for us is out of the equation, to retrieve a long lost boat and airplane as well as winterizing camp. Hopefully I get there sometime before things freeze in.

Stuck at home hasn't been a total loss at least... Leah is finally getting her Master Bath after 16 years of waiting. One more day of cutting and mortaring in tile to go and then I get the fun of grouting the bugger! :wallbash:

Edited by irishfield

FWIW Wayne ,

It has been three years since this thread started

The strength and spirit shown by Jen and her loved ones should help others.

Still living as well as possible, despite whatever, is what i have learned.

Thanks and best wishes.

Positive Energy sent your way not a nice dance to be doing, you have an amazing Daughter

Tight Lines SBK

Fever watch is running later into the week than her last chemo types. Yesterday morning... 38.1c.. only 0.1 away from a trip to emerg and admittance. Fortunately she came back down to around 37.5 and has stayed there since... so that is great but she's not out of the woods just yet. Generally at least a 3 day cycle.. time will tell.

Well, no chemo today for Jennifer.

I had to get my buddy (Dr) over to the house yesterday to investigate Jen's little cough. She has pneumonia and he is treating her here at home, with our local hospital under a Cdiff lock down. Hopefully she's good to go for next Wednesday, so that we can get back on track at trying to beat this bugger back!

I don't post on here much but am always looking forward to reading about Jen's updates. This is only a minor set back as anyone who reads through all this knows how strong and courageous Jen is.

You and your family are always on my mind Wayne.

Cheers, Ron...

after reading your post i am greatfull for today, and my thoughts and prayers for you and your family are there. i must say that her strength and willingness to do battle. this is definetly a big part that and will only help her going forward , giving up is not an option with her i can see.

thanks for sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Well she did get her chemo last Wednesday, on the 4th, and was able to spend the week on her own. Leah and I managed to make it from Toronto to Temagami direct by midnight, leaving after Jen's chemo....and grocery shop... and getting her in her apartment, but had to pull the plug going into Monday with weather coming in. In those 4.5 days we managed to pack everything up that we never got a chance to use since "bugging out" on June 11th, winterized everything and got the toys back home.

Jen was back to Mt Sinai for chemo yesterday and it was refused based on her chest CT from the same morning. Chemo isn't working and her lung spots are marginally larger, although within the error percentage for measurement from the last scan. Either way they are not smaller so this regime isn't working.

She is to be back on Monday to revert back to the original chemo regime that they used in 2010/2011 to destroy her pelvic bone tumour. It seemed to work very well on it, so it is hoped that it will attack her lung spots. Again this will be an inpatient treatment, going into the hospital on Monday and out on Saturday, with Leah and I back to living out of suit cases again. They'll try two rounds of this.. week of chemo.. two weeks off.. week of chemo and scan her again. Cross your fingers the Doc is smiling in Mid October!

Wayne, I've got my fingers, toes, eyes, ears and everything else crossed. I was in for maintenance this week and am still recovering from the massive doses of dexamethasone (steroids). It ain't fun but we gotta do what we gotta do. They'll get Jen fixed up. Take care.

Thanks Lew and Rick.

Bigbuck.... Jen's been on Dex since her emergency brain surgery in June.. and just when she was about to ween off of it she had her radiation treatments on her skull and brain tumours and then had to take it again for that. And just when she though she'd ate enough food... she had to take 16mg per day, for three days, for her latest chemo regime to avoid the possibility of her lungs shutting down. The only good out of that... she now weighs 108lbs vs the 78 lbs she originally went into chemo weighing in 2010. At least this time we have the peace of mind that she won't starve to death.

Edited by irishfield

Wayne,

I haven’t posted previously in response to this thread…..only because I don’t know what to say. I am now, because I feel so terrible for what you, and especially your daughter, have been going through. I am also amazed at the resilience that your daughter has, along with yourself and your family. Your energy and positive attitude are of great benefit to all of you.Your wife and you are burning that candle at both ends right now, so be careful.

Your daughter’s well being has been on my mind ever since your first posting appeared. I wish and pray for a complete recovery.

Take care.