Here's what I do - What do y'all do?

Owned a fishing guide biz, landscape construction & deisgn(still involved), and currently I am partners in a production company where I do writing and storyboards.

My fulltime gig is with a municipal gov. working in finance until... well.. we'll see. ;):D

Edited by Harrison

I spent 27 years working as an HVAC/R Mechanic on commercial and industrial equipment. The latter part of my time was spent working in a specialty area of the trade. I serviced Scientific equipment that reached temperatures as low as -152 deg.C. We also supported Life Science equipment such as incubators and test chambers. I was managing this work all across Canada for a contractor based here in Ontario. We provided warranty service for all the major US manufacturers.

I gave that up in 2007 to pursue a full time teaching position working with Apprentices in our field. I prepared for this by teaching part-time since 1995 and taking professional training in how to teach technical courses.

It's been a fun 3 years and I never look back!

I'm a cable & line technician (fibre optic splicer) for Allstream. I work mostly in the downtown Toronto core but do travel throughout Ontario. Several thousand kilometres of our cables run along the CP Rail lines so I sometimes get to ride the rail and see some pristine backlakes along the way.(yes, I pack my rod the odd time) :)

Cheers,

Colin

This was taken a few days ago while working on Yonge St @ about 4am

38834458197911137599271.jpg

I think what Lew was saying was

do you want to come to my home this weekend and grind these 2 stumps for the trees I had cut down the other day, we can stump in the morning and fish in the afternoon...LOL

but that's just a guess or the beer talking what do I know

Executive Chef/Director of Food & Beverage for a local Hotel

I've been in working the restaurant business since I was a kid.

Total experience of 19 years, but got serious about my carreer when I earned my Red seal 11 years ago and have been

Loveing it.

Down sizing, cut backs and general Market turmoil has opened the opportuntiy for me to hold 2 titles (Director of F&B) now for the last 2 years as well.

The work load has been enormous but its been a great experience as someday I hope to open my own resort.

I now feel I have the knowledge and expereince to make that happen....I just need to fast forward the clock, and build that bank account a bit :P

Sheet Metal Worker since '77. Currently working in Red Lake.

Here's a few pics of what my job involves.

Heating and air conditioning.

work3.jpg

work1.jpg

work4.jpg

And sometimes the jobs get a little bigger such as installing this mine ventilation silencer.

work2.jpg

work5.jpg

It's been a rewarding career choice. I've worked all over Northwestern Ontario and have met some great people. 5 more years and I'm done!!

I'll let my name say it all! Firefighting fulltime for the last 6 years, but got 11 in the service. Before that I was a long haul truck driver. Did some time in the plumbing HVAC scene as an apprentice for a couple years. Wouldn't trade the job I got now for anything! Well maybe Mercer's boat! lol

spent 30 years at Bell then 2 years of semi retirement just cutting grass at the local golf course during the summers but went on to join the working class again and am into year 14 at theOPP detachment in Red Lake as a baby sitter in the local lockup.

good money (better than my Bell pension) and I get as many days off as I want.

I work in the GTA doing Audio Visual Installs (Projectors, LCDs, Plasma's, Speakers and so on) mostly in office buildings and schools, been doing that for 4 years. Just recently bought my first house just south of Innisfil, 5 min walk from the water! the commute sucks, but the fishing is great.

Multimedia Technician for Lakehead University up here in Thunder Bay.

My oldest daughter is off to University this September Tom and I tried to talk her into Lakehead, but she said that would be better suited to my desires than hers, smart kid. :)

Oh well I have have two more who'll soon be off to University, there's hope yet. ;)

My oldest daughter is off to University this September Tom and I tried to talk her into Lakehead, but she said that would be better suited to my desires than hers, smart kid. :)

Oh well I have have two more who'll soon be off to University, there's hope yet. ;)

So where is she going Chris, and under what dicipline?? Doesn't mean she will not be up here next year, or in our satellite campus in Orillia. Know lots of students who started off in Guelph, Waterloo, U of T, Laurentian, Nippising, etc, etc, first year, then switched Colleges or Universities the next year. They have a vision of where they want to go, but after the first year, lots of them rethink their position.

So where is she going Chris, and under what dicipline?? Doesn't mean she will not be up here next year, or in our satellite campus in Orillia. Know lots of students who started off in Guelph, Waterloo, U of T, Laurentian, Nippising, etc, etc, first year, then switched Colleges or Universities the next year. They have a vision of where they want to go, but after the first year, lots of them rethink their position.

She'll be at Waterloo Tom studying world history.

Electronic Technician. Working at a Telus dealer/ radio communications store for the last 15 years. Sick days are my fish days LOL! :whistling::Gonefishing:

And where's the signal on the Meaford peninsula, Telus still working with tin cans and cotton thread or have they upgraded to nylon cord yet? <_<