Here's what I do - What do y'all do?

Hey gang!

I haven't been out on the water "fun fishing" since hitting the bay with John F two weeks ago, BUT I have been out on the water shooting new episodes of Facts of Fishing THE SHOW. Most regulars here know that I work on the show, but what most probably don't know is that I met Dave through OFC and have T.J. and this great site to thank for my current fishing related career. Prior to taking this job I worked on high end commercials @ Technicolor in Toronto. I actually worked a few floors up from another board member ( FishnSled ) who works on movies and TV shows.

This was one of my favorite moments from Season 3 and I didn't even have a rod in my hand! It's always nice being part of somebodies "personal best" moment! :thumbsup_anim: The weather made for tough shooting conditions but we still pulled off a good show in my mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myl_KcYZVaE

So, this thread came up some 4 years ago which is how I got connected with Dave, so I figured it's been long enough...

What pays your bills, and funds your obsession with fishing?

Cheers,

Ryan

I work for Soprema, a roofing membrane manufacturer, as the Ontario Sopranature advisor. (Vegetated roofing assemblies) My background in horticulture and carpentry made me a good fit for the job.

I run a real estate office, teach pre-registration and Continuing Ed courses for the Ontario Association, and serve on a variety of committees within the industry. If you've used any common Ontario real estate form in the last few years there's every likelihood I had something to do with the content.

JF

I run a real estate office, teach pre-registration and Continuing Ed courses for the Ontario Association, and serve on a variety of committees within the industry. If you've used any common Ontario real estate form in the last few years there's every likelihood I had something to do with the content.

JF

...AND in his spare time, stunt doubles for Sean Connery!! Sorry, John...couldn't resist :lol:

I look after the Engineering Systems (CAD and database stuff) for a large engineering company in Oakville

Which one?

My buddy does piping design in the area and has been around the industry for quite a while.

Me, I'm the IT Manager for the college in Yellowknife, NWT. :ninja:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I spent over 20 years in industry as an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright. Designing, building and installing metal cutting and assembly equipment for the automotive and other heavy industries.

For the past eight years I have been a high school shop teacher.

Jim

Retired serviceman and now work in Borden and make sure everyone plays by the rules on the live ranges and training areas, and, as a bonus, watch the live critters in my travels, by truck, ATV or Skidoo..and they pay me for that. Best job I ever had.

Statistics analyst on the Operations side of one of Canada's largest media companies. Internal stats, business processes, revenues, expenses, logistics etc..... Excel is my best friend during the day. If anyone has lots of data and needs it organized, summarized and/or presented, I'm your man.

In relation to fishing - I've been thinking of building an excel based 'catch log' to summarize our most productive lures, locations, times, colours etc in a user friendly way.