Took Advantage of the Recession (NF)

Joey

Lets see, choice, VAN OR SUV

Think Ill go for the van as it is at least $15,000 cheaper than an SUV

Why

-Price

-Room

-It'll tow

-ground clearance, Most SUVs are the same, off roading- dont do much so the price is more important

- keeping up with the Jones next door- who cares they can have their SUV as the money I saved will pay for

mortgage and gas

- Hey I can even sleep in it without pitching a tent the next time I roll into a lake at 0 Dark thirty

Well it's a 3900 series the 3800 series are complete garbage biggest problem with them from 1997-2002 are Intake Manifold Gaskets trust me i've done mine on my Pontiac Montana the 3900 series engine have a problem with the Head gaskets. Awesome GM products lol hope your's hold up

I thought that looked like an 8, lol...

I haven't had any issues with the 3-4 vehicles in my family that have the 3800 Series II engines. One of the best GM's made.

Thank again all. I'm pretty happy with it!!

BTW, for those interested, I got that decal at BPS. They had lots more.

We usually put one on our vehicle so when we go to the parking lot at a mall and there are 50 million mini vans, we can figure out which one is ours :lol:

Joey

Well it's a 3900 series the 3800 series are complete garbage biggest problem with them from 1997-2002 are Intake Manifold Gaskets trust me i've done mine on my Pontiac Montana the 3900 series engine have a problem with the Head gaskets. Awesome GM products lol hope your's hold up

You must have been the one in a million that has a problem with the 3800 engine.

The average warranty cost on a 3800 series engine is about .27 cent s a year. The engine is ABSOLUTLEY bullet proof, its so good that GM has decided to stop makin them in the next year or so, they arent making them money with repairs, because they last so long.

Every person Ive ever talked to with a 3800 series loved them. I know a guy with about 400,000 KMS on his from 1989 and he hasnt done ANYTHING to the engine.

Congrats on the new Van, nothing like drivin off the lot in a new ride !!!

We have 5 of these vans at my work that are used to shuttle people around so we can move the fleet (car rental company) to different branches.They are 07-08s which is the same as what you have.The one with the least mileage has 189000 and the most has 275000.Other than brakes -tires-oil changes there have been NO problems. You can believe me when I say these poor things have been ABUSED their whole lives.EXCEPT when I am driving :angel::angel:

vance