Met another OFN'r today in Oshawa

motv8tr

:D:thumbsup_anim::whistling:

Started out the day meeting up with the gang at the Dave Mercer premier in Whitby this morning, after a great time there, Vance and I headed out to meet Metis fisherman who had his boat for sale. He's a real nice guy and it was great to meet him and look at the boat. I was really hoping Steve would be available to come with me today but his work didn't cooperate :( Vance was good enought to step in and come with me....since I of course know nothing :P

Anyway, it didn't take long for me to make up my mind...actually I had pretty much made it up before I got there, barring any apparent major problems....thankfully there were none. The bonus was that Art (Metisfisherman) was generous enough to make the 2 plus hour drive up here to deliver it this afternoon :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: Thanks again Art!!!

She's a 1977 Springbok, with a 1977 55 Johnson motor....the bonus is she'll fit in the garage :D but that means the car is out in the cold <_<

gallery_46_17_56680.jpg

gallery_46_17_61809.jpg

gallery_46_17_41811.jpg

She's not the prettiest, but she's safe and stable and will do all I need and more :D

Thanks again Vance for coming to look at her with me.

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

All right Mo! It was great seeing you this morning....I had no idea you were in the market for one. Bly and I looked at his boat as well, and if the one we bought didn't pan out, we were going to take the one you bought out for a water test. It was our number 2 choice! It's a very solid boat...a little cleanup and she's as good as new again.

Metisfisherman is a great guy to talk to...glad to see you got his boat.

Thanks everyone I'm pretty stoked about it :D I hadn't really planned on buying a boat for a couple of years, but I was keeping my eyes open just in case ;) I just happened to look in the classifieds section a week or so ago and saw it and thought what the heck, it's worth taking a look see. I pm'd Art and the more info he gave me the better. It just worked out that I was going to be in the area today thanks to Vance ;) I kept it quiet just in case it didn't pan out and like I said, I hadn't been looking seriously. Right time, right place, right price, has what I want in a boat for now, some days things just work out ;)

Keram, it was good to meet you as well, sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more.

Glen, you'll get a ride in her at Lakair :)

Wayne, what are Pursuit tracks? I have a couple of ideas, but a lot of what I do right now will depend on cost. I will for sure add two more spots for the seats to go though, and may add two more seats. First and foremost I need to get all the safety equipment as I have nothing. I will also take a boater course over the winter. With a little luck Steve and I will be off at the same time on a nice enough day and take her for a spin before I put her away for the winter.

Cliff, I'd like to thank you and Carol for not buying it ;)

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Maureen..the track system I put on my boat. Lets you change your rigging in a couple minutes..to what ever you are fishing for. Muskie rod holders, downrigger mounts, tube style holders for planner mast/dipsey diver fishing etc. I have a pair of 2 foot tracks, step/tidy up inserts, salty mounts and salty rod holders + a few other things..net holder, track end plugs, etc. here...that >YOU ONLY< can have at par to what they are listed at on the Pursuit website. I'll lose about 15% exchange from when I bought it, as well as 14% taxes and some shipping and brokerage, but if I can help you out I will. I'd rather see them on your boat then sitting in a box on the hangar floor! I'll even install them for YOU if they'll fit your boat. The only Cdn dealer is supposed to be BPS...but their supply is useless to put a system together.

Oc.jpg

lundpursuit9.jpg

Edited by irishfield